Friday, February 18, 2011

Keeping It Classy Fashion Week- Day 6

Hippie Bean (noun): A desire that surfaces every once in a while to wear 60's clothing and use the word "groovy" as an adjective in normal conversation. 

Some friends of mine say I have this thing called a "Hippie Bean" and they say that it should be squashed before it takes root and goes out of control. I prefer (being the "peace with plants" girl that I am) to let this "bean" have freedom to do as it chooses. In major moderation, of course. Notice I'm not wearing a broomstick skirt today. :)
 What I'm wearing today:
Shirt: Thrift store- Weatherproof brand
Tank: JCPennys- Arizona brand
Skirt: Made by me
Flipflops: Payless- Montego Bay Club
Headband: Made by me
Earrings: (not shown) 3" gold teardrop earrings

The only "hippie" part of today's outfit is this headband. I don't wear it often because my family looks at me weird all day, but I've decided that they need to get used to it. :P
Now, pardon me as I drink my organic tea and have gluten-free (alas, not vegan) cake for lunch. ;)


Christa Taylor just posted about wearing 70's inspired fashion, (different than 60's!) if you wanna check it out. :)


11 comments :

  1. Dis be my favorite. (This and the "Pretty in Pink" one, which so should've been on the cover of that movie!) It's not HIPpie, it's hip!!

    Wear whatever you want on your head! So far I've worn bath tissue (it sounds better), tin foil... and I'll spare you and your lovely readers (or whoever notices this) the rest. Not too much more drastic anyway.

    You are classy in the flesh!!

    WUV. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo you read Christa Taylor's blog too?! All right! *high five* :D The shirt is awesome--go ruffles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! And rock the hippie bean, it's super groovy!=)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! You look awesome in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cuuuute. I loved your bohemian days. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!!!! Love the hippie look, just not all the time!!!! Love the headband!!!!
    Love,Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally LOVE your outfit!

    ~ Hanne-col

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!