Saturday, April 30, 2011

Being Normal

Shirt: Handmedown from 8 years ago. *wide eyes*
Tank: JCPennys
Skirt: Made by me
Flip flops: Walmart

One reason this blog is little posted on is that I feel weird putting myself "out there" as a "fashionista" when I rarely wear something that would be considered "fashionble" by today's runway-inspired standards. I don't know about you, but I'm not really looking to be "fashionable" or "trendy". I just want to look fresh, classy, and have interesting details, but effortless and fussless.

I'm kind of burned out on crazy runway fashions and unpractical trends, but, thankfully I am still a fan of variety and new ideas. My inspiration these days comes from words, like dainty and luminious. It comes from Ruche.com and Home Dec magazines. It shows up on friend's blogs in the form of normal, every day outfits. So, with this last one in mind, I've decided to make an effort to post a little more often even if I'm just wearing normal clothes with the idea that, hey, it might encourage someone somewhere in a little way.


3 comments :

  1. That would be great! The ture sense of style is just that! A true fashionable person looks great all the time, not just when their wearing the latest runway trends.
    I'd love if you checked out my blog, where I post my 'down to earth' outfits as well!
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're posting again. It will be good to see your beautiful face!!!! Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!