Friday, February 24, 2012

Its Friday!

Happy Friday! Today's weather is a bit disappointing after yesterday's- it was 77* and super windy, cloudless, and sunny. Today is overcast and cooler. My outfit kind of reflects the grey of the day.


Tank: JCPenny's
Cardigan: Forever 21
Skirt: Made by me
Flip flops: Old Navy (although I've since changed into rainboots 'cause it's just too cold!)
Feather earrings: Droplette

 I love this cardigan. It's super flowy and warm, but still flattering because of the flowy-ness. That's hard to portray in pictures, unfortunately. :P

 What makes this work? The fitted sleeves keep the cardigan from being frumpy, while the short straight skirt keeps the outfit slimming. The mauve tank gives some color. Only earrings for accessories today~ the stripes are bold/busy enough already. Super easy outfit to throw on.

I washed my hair this morning, so to keep it out of my face while it dried, I did a little french braid along my hair line. 

I have a guest post over at Bramblewood Fashion today- check it out!

Do y'all find yourselves dressing to match the day? What do y'all have planned for this weekend? I plan to do laundry-- exciting, right? ;)



8 comments :

  1. Cute! I love your cardigan!

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is so CUTE! I especially ♥ your cardigan.

    Would you like to check out my blog?

    godsgirlz1.wordpress.com

    ♥Godsgirlz1♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Olivia, I found your blog from Bramblewood today. Love what I see here! Your outfits are super cute and your words are very helpful. Great blogging, girl! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    I'm a new follower to your blog. :) I saw your guest post on Bramblewood Fashion, but had seen your blog before (I think through some fashion shows or something). Any how, I love your blog and what you are doing on here. :) You are so creative, I love seeing what you come up with on your other blog! :)
    Thanks for all you do here. It is so very encouraging. And, your outfit is very cute. :)

    This weekend I'll be doing laundry as well. Yesterday we worked cattle, today just cleaning and laundry, and tomorrow we are going to a dance. :) So, a nice weekend all round. :)

    In Christ's Service,
    Sarah

    www.throughthelilacbushes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so cute (actually beautiful)! :) So are your outfits. :)

    ~Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is this skirt repurposed jeans? How did you make it??!! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wrote about how I made the skirt here: http://workingwitheagerhands.blogspot.com/2012/02/mans-pants-to-skirt.html
      :)

      Delete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!