Saturday, February 18, 2012

Knit Jumper

Today was a bad hair day. A tired day. A busy-but-don't-want-to-do-anything day. A knit-jumper with flip flops or socks or rain boots kind of day.

And sorry I blew the photos out so much... didn't realize it until I uploaded them. :P
What I'm wearing today:
Blue striped shirt: Handmedown
Knit jumper: Walmart- also seen here before
Rain boots: Target

What makes this work? Well, you can't tell from the pictures, but the colors are really fun together. The pinstripes keep the knit classy. The jumper is super comfortable, and the undershirt is fuss-free. Plus, the jumper works so I can wear this shirt because it's too tight. :D

The length of the jumper keeps it from looking too frumpy.

In a silly fit of girlish-ness the other night, I chopped some more layers into my hair. I love them when my hair is down, but when I want to put it back, the shorter layers are forever falling out. But! I finally figured out a way to keep them in better. I braid them into small braids from the root to as close to the tips as I can get, and then french braid my hair normally, including these pieces. Because it's like the shorter layers are these bigger strands thanks to the braiding, they stay with the other hair. :)

I'm off to finish throwing everything in the fridge into a pot for dinner... :P


8 comments :

  1. Cute outfit! I love the country charm of this combination. Good job!

    T.W.

    P.S. You are one of the best modest fashion blogs I have come across - Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your hair! I may have to do try braiding it that way one of these days...the layers always fall out of my braids too!

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is super cute and the knit dress looks so comfortable! I have a similar dress that I wear with leggings and a cardigan and it's way more comfortable then jeans :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ughh I have tons of layers in my hair because it is so thick and curly it is about the only way to have it manageable. BUT, it makes it so hard to style it in braids and stuff! So I can relate. Just use lots of bobbie pins! hehe.

    LOVE that jumper, really cute style and knit is really the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!!!!! It looks so comfy!!!!! Love your hair and flower!!!!! LOve the boots too!!!!! Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that jumper! :) And your hair is beautiful. I wish I could get my hair to look nice in side braids.

    ~Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the jumper! Wish I had one like that...

    I have discovered that your style is just like mine! This blog is one of my favorite fashion blogs because of that!

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!