Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Review: Halftee

Have y'all heard of Halftee? They're a company that sells just that-- half-tee-type shirts!They're meant to be layered under another shirt to make it more modest, without being bulky or hot. They asked if I would like to review one of the shirts and of course, I said yes! I chose the Basic Halftee in Brown. It arrived in just two business days!




It's soooo comfortable. According to their size chart, I'm a medium size, but my two sisters are a small, so we went with the small so that we all could wear it. The small fits me just fine, albeit a little snugger than the picture above suggests it should. So, order according to your measurements!

I've been taking care of sick children and cooking all day, and the Halftee has performed beautifully! I haven't had to worry about bending over like I usually have to with tank tops, and its stayed put awesomely.

I couldn't decide which shirt I'd wear it with to show y'all, so I did three different ones. :D This is going to be an awesome addition to my warmer weather wardrobe- which is like 7/8ths of the year here in TN. :D

I'm wearing....
Shirt: Kohl's, seen 370 days ago on this post. ;)
Undershirt: Halftee
Skirt: JCPenny's, with major clearance and a Christmas sale, I got it for $1.50 :D It was 2 sizes too big, but that was easily remedied! :D
Hat: Target
Boots: Target, seen earlier this week here.
Earrings: Gift

I wanted to test out the Halftee's ability to stay put and to keep straps concealed and the neckline high. So, I chose a shirt that I'm always having to adjust. It's not very classy to be always checking to make sure your straps aren't showing! That was the case with this shirt- I'd have to wear my hair down to help with any peek-a-boo straps. No more! :)

 I chose the short sleeved Halftee because last summer my sisters and I would wear normal t-shirts under our sleeveless shirts, but they were usually bunching and bulky and fussy. So, the Halftee is going to be fantastic!

 This shirt is another that I was always fixing. It was modest enough with just a tank, but the Halftee makes it confidently modest. :D Especially in the back- it was a bit too loose, and now it's so nice to not finagle it all the time! :)

I encourage y'all to check out Halftee's website- they have some really cute shirts! I'd love to get a white full lace long sleeved Halftee for spring! Or a grey 3/4 Halftee... or a navy basic... I'd say the peace of mind, versatility, and comfort of Halftees make them way worth the reasonable price. :D

So, had any of you heard of Halftee before? Think they look like something you'll add to your wardrobe?


14 comments :

  1. I'm reviewing the white one this week! There is a stomache bug going around our house now, so hopefully I'll be able to get pictures...:)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks absolutely AMAZING. I would love to have one of these...
    Does feel awkward to have something so short around your stomach?

    Lauren
    laurengdaniels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren, I thought it would, but it sits right near the bottom of my bra, so it just feels like that. I don't even notice I have it on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really nice! Do they have long-sleeved versions too? I always hate how my long-sleeved shirts bunch up when they're layered, giving the awkward appearance of fat rolls, haha.
    I really like how you layered it, too! It's definitely very versatile!

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have really cute long sleeved ones!

      Delete
  5. super cute! I love how you layered it with the tank!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where do you get them from??

    ReplyDelete
  7. They sound awesome! Will have to check out their website. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute! I liked how it looked with the tank top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *Sigh* your outfits are just super cute! :) I love the denim skirt from the first outfit, and everything about the second outfit. :)

    ~Johanna

    Proverbs 16:3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wiat to try! Love your outfits and hair!Awesome post on Bramblewood Fashion!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. you know you can just cut a tank or t-shirt that you own but that got a little too snug, that is what i do. it's much cheaper just to do it that way, and you can make as many as you need!

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!