Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Beauty Of A Bow

Well, I'm still not quite myself today, but I'm definitely on the mend. :) Thanks for your well wishes, girls. :)
Today was a great day for the age-old hair bow. Not only does it lift one's hair, it lifts spirits and bedraggled appearances as well. :D

 Hum-drum, pretty colorless outfit made peppy by a red polka-dotted bow. I'm a fan of that.


 Gonna get those bees! Being sick does something to one's mind sometimes. ;)

     Shirt: Walmart Clearance! $3
     Tank: JCPenny's $6.50
     Skirt: Made by me (fabric about $15)
     Flip flops: Sears $12
     Hair scarf: Thrift store $0.15 :D
     Earrings: Made by me $0 ;)

My philosophy has always been the bigger the bow the better. :D One time I took my siblings out for a bike ride along our country road. As we headed out the door, I threw a black hair scarf around my head and tied it in a little bow to the side to keep my bangs out of my face. I passed several people on our ride, and each one of them looked at me a little funny. One girl said she liked my hair. "Aw, thanks", I said, "it's probably a mess." She just laughed. Sure enough, though, when I got home and looked in the mirror, the size of the bow had quadrupled and was bigger than my head- and sitting right on top! :P I looked rather clownish and ostentatious. :P

How do you like hairbows?
Pin It


11 comments :

  1. Haha, that's funny about your giant bow! But this looks really cute! I'm not always one for hairbows, since I think with my face shape it makes me look about 12, but I really love the way you styled this.(: Super cute!

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't wear hairbows too often and when I do I tie them in a loss double knot because the bow look does not work for me, but the extra accessory is nice and you gave me an idea! I play a designer in our Homeschool play and a hairbow to go with my outfit would be nice, I'll have to try that!

    P.s. Love that outfit, so totally something I'd wear. I'm a tomboy in skirts (if you can say that)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't like Walmart but that shirt is something I would totally buy if I saw it there! I went through a bow phase, and I kinda got out of it but I really should start wearing them again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the shirt sooo pretty!!!

    ♥Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute outfit! I haven't worn a hairbow in a while they a I do like them. However I do think that they can be too big on me.
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your outfit! Although I truly love all your outfits... :) I've just found your blog and am following and have enjoyed reading past posts! Oh and this is random but you are soooo pretty! :D Thanks so much for your awesome blog!
    Bethany
    wwe.handsthatbless.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, I absolutely love that outfit. And the bow!! Ahh! Love it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear sister... you are well aware of my *ahem* opinion on your hair bow, evidenced by the multiple looks I have given you today.

    In the experience of a certain relative of yours (namely, me) bows should definitely be worn smaller than you are apt to sport. Ostentatious is definitely the word to describe it m'dear.

    Love you lots(...even enough to be seen with you and your ballooned black bows!),
    ~Emma

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love bows! They are really adorable. I can't personally pull them off real well.. they look to young for me! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this skirt! Can you tell me what pattern you used?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's a link to my post about it on my sewing blog: http://workingwitheagerhands.blogspot.com/2011/07/denim-skirt-pockets-tutorial.html

      Delete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!