Sunday, March 11, 2012

Gray and Tan?

I went about my merry-not-enough-sleep-thanks-to-daylight-savings-time business this morning trying to figure out what I wanted to wear. I do that a lot- find pieces I really feel like wearing and then find stuff to match that I haven't worn with it before. So, I put this on and started doing my hair, and then looked in the mirror and went, "ohhh... do gray and tan even match??" I'm of the sway that black and brown match, so gray and tan do too, right?
My skirt kind of tied them together with its gray and tan lines. :)

 This skirt can be an awkward length for flats- it's about 3" above my ankles and makes me look short. So, the heeled boots were a must, and they just happen to match my favorite shirt. :D

Shirt:Kohl's (which in these pictures looks a leeeetle too form-fitting. I stretched it out when I realized that.)
Skirt: Made by me
Boots: Shoe Carnival
Hat: SteinMart
Necklace: Gift
Earrings: Walmart

Hope y'all had an awesome Lord's Day! It was the 5 year anniversary of our church today so we had a great time hanging out all day and rejoicing in the Lord's goodness.



18 comments :

  1. i think its adorable! and i LOVE your hair like that!!! background is beautiful too! :)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course gray and tan match!! Love the whole outfit! I would love to see a close up of the necklace!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I absolutely adore your style! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! It is really cute. (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I actually really like brown and gray together, though I don't usually go for brown and black.
    I loooooove church anniversaries...ours had its 50th last year, and we had so much fun celebrating and watching a video on the history of the church.(:

    ~Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I love your denim skirts!! May I ask where you get your patterns, or do you make them out of your imagination? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! This particular skirt is Butterick 3134, but I create my own denim skirt patterns, and I'm working on writing an eBook so others can make them as well. :)

      Delete
  7. Totally cute! the way you put the gray and tan together is really cute! and Luv the hat it is really adorable!! great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfit Olivia! I am one of those people who would never had thought that grey and tan would go together, but that shows you just how much I know! And you are one of those people who look lovely in anything!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like how well the shirt and hat go together. Lovely outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yet another beautiful outfit. I don't know how you pull it off. When I try to mix and match my clothes I end up looking frumpy. Maybe I just need to start shopping for some nicer clothes. My drawers are full of t-shirts, and some very plain denim skirts. I think I need to expand. What do you think?
    Blessings,
    Tulip
    P.S. My mother has recently let me get a blogger account (not a blog yet, but I hope she will soon) so that's why my name above says Purity Leigh (it's a pen name). So if I comment on this blog I may comment as Tulip or Purity Leigh. You have been warned! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, Olivia. If you don't know me, my name is Lynzie. Your blog is sooooooo awesome. Your ideas about modest clothing, and even the pictures helps me to get ideas for evert day clothing. I really like the hair do's and skirts, as well as skirts, hats and jewelry. I have a blog as well, known as thoughtsfromayoungwriter.com.
    I will be visiting your blog here and there.
    Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!