Monday, March 5, 2012

Grocery Shopping

Hey y'all! I went grocery shopping with my mom today. This is an all-day event... with an hour and a half drive to the stores, we try to do as few trips as possible... thus buying a bunch at one time! Here's what I wore... the last few times I've gone shopping I've worn 3" heeled boots and regretted it within an hour. So today I tried to be a bit more practical... much to the detriment of my affinity for dressing up.

 This vest is another one of those things that's hard to portray as looking right through still photos, but, I looove it in person. :)


Striped shirt: JCPenny's
Tank: JCPenny's
Crocheted vest: Janelle's Shop Your Closet
Skirt: Made by me
Shoes (which you can't see-they're tan and pink loafer things): Target
Bag: Thrift store


I looked for one of these crocheted vests for a long time without finding one cheap enough that I was willing to buy... couldn't see myself paying $17 for an 'accessory'... until Madeline brought to my attention this vest in Janelle's Shop Your Closet. Janelle and I go way back -was anyone around when I blogged my sewing camp?  I love the how small the internet makes the world. :)



15 comments :

  1. Super cute! I think that the vest really makes the outfit...it's really cute! And I love your skirt too.(:

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Olivia! I found your blogs via Bramblewood Fashion the other day and am just loving them! You are doing a really good job, and I appreciate how you talk about what makes the outfits work. I don't have that understanding.

    Keep up the good work!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely style, Olivia. :) You look so pretty! You remind me of Jana Duggar a bit. ;) Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's SO funny, that is what she reminds me of too. :D I love the vest, keep op the awesome work. :)

      ~Lizzy
      www.prettymodestbffs.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. You always look SO pretty! I love your outfits!
    ~Aaliyah~

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY! Your alive! :D I thought of you guys when I heard how far the storms stretched. But anyway... I ADORE your outfit. It is so lovely. In another post do you suppose we could see the shoes? :D They sound so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute!! love the vest :0 I'm so happy that I was able to help you find it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous outfit, Olivia!
    Yes, I've tried the heeled boots going shopping, (living in a large family 2), and they SO do not work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that is one of the cutist outfits I have ever seen! I really like your bag. Thrift stores rock!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this is random but do you put do you have an etsy account???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but I don't ever sell anything anymore... or even get on there to browse! http://www.etsy.com/people/FreshByOlivia :)

      Delete
  10. I remember when you blogged about your sewing camp! that was acually the first time I ever looked at your blog.

    Love the green shirt, and just in case you didn't know by now I also love the skirt:)

    ♥Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the outfit trendy but modest so cool.

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!