Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mercies Anew

"Every morning that breaks,
There are mercies anew.
Every breath that I take
Is your faithfulness proved.
And at the end of each day,
When my labors are through,
I will sing of Your mercies anew."
 
 Lord's Days are such a fabulous institution. :D God knew we would need a good rest every seven days, and He has a way of calling us to exhaustion during the week so that by the time Sunday rolls around, we're so ready to be restored by His strength. :) So thankful for rest today, even if "resting" involved literally running home from church barefoot (heels not so practical for gravel roads) to hurriedly clean up for guests. :)

 Cardigan: JCPenny's, I believe. It has little roses all over it. :)
Tank: Ditto^
Skirt: Made by me
Shoes: Thrift store
Hat: Sears, $3 on clearance Friday
Earrings: Walmart (These new ones)

 I have a black hat just like this one, so when I saw the tan one at Sears on clearance, I knew I needed to get it! I love the bow detail. :) I curled my hair this morning, but by the time these pictures were taken, they had mostly fallen out. :p I used a strand of my hair to pull the rest of my hair into a side ponytail thing since the curls made it really pouffy. :)



I tried a new mascara this morning- I think I like it... it's the "Colossal Volume Express" tube from Maybelline. It doesn't apply as thick as my last tube, so it took several coats to get to what I'm used to. :) I'm also wearing eyeliner in this picture- liquid on the top, really light pencil on the bottom. :)

I think I'm going to go make myself a snack of cooked blueberries and rice and honey.... healthy eating is sooo hard during after-church-lunch! :P I guess a little self-control never hurt anyone. :D


What'd y'all do today?
Pin It


19 comments :

  1. Is your intro a poem, hymn, song? Cute outfit! Love the cardigan!!!!! Cooked blueberries, rice and honey? What's up with that? We went to church today of course, read, sent emails and did stuff on the computer, did a teensy bit of school, and sewed a little.
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite hymns. :) The blueberry mixture was actually really good- I added nuts, too. :D

      Delete
    2. What's the name of the hymn? I've never hear it. How do you make the blueberry stuff?
      Love, Katie

      Delete
    3. They hymn is called "Mercies Anew". The blueberry stuff was just throwing frozen blueberries in a pot with cooked rice and some coconut oil or butter, dashing it with cinnamon, and cooking until the blueberries are warm. I drizzled honey and nuts on top of mine, too. :)

      Delete
    4. JMJ
      Wow! Sounds really yummy!
      In Christ,
      Rose

      Delete
  2. I really like it! :)

    Do you wear some form of headcovering to church always? I'm just curious.

    ~Johanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mean to be noisy, but might I ask why? :D

      Delete
    2. Not nosy. :) I plan to answer in an upcoming Q&A post- it's a little longer than a comment can handle. ;)

      Delete
  3. Love your outfit Olivia. That skirt of yours has become my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bow on the hat is adorable and I'm really loving the skirt. This whole outfit screams spring to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your outfit! Especially the hat, super cute!
    Hmm...now you're making me hungry! :)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the sweater so femine and romantic. Thanks for doing this blog its so great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, i can't wait! Grrr.... i always get noisy, and nosy mixed up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit. I really like your style; it's modest, femenine, and, stylish. You mentioned running home from church...do you live close to your church, or are you the pastor's daughter?

    -Calri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carli, yes, we live very close to our church- about a 5 minute drive- the long way! ;) It's a huge blessing to be so close and be able to run home so easily- although some days it feels like all I do is drive back and forth because we've forgotten so many things! :D No, I'm not the pastor's daughter. :)

      Delete
  9. This is such a cute outfit! love it XD

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!