Sunday, March 18, 2012

Modest March Fashion Week| Day 1

Today kicks off Julia's Modest March Fashion Week!

The theme for today was "Dressy"... this is what I wore to church this morning:


This skirt is ridiculously long on me. I looooove it. :D 

Ever have this problem with these thin skirts? The zipper and side seams form wonky unflattering lines on your hips- definitely my "problem" area. So, to make this skirt more flattering, I just twirl it around a bit...

And put the side seams a little bit in the front and the other a little towards the back, and it totally fixes the problem! The print is such that you totally can't tell, and it makes it look so much better!

Purple Shirt: Made by me
Black Cardigan: Handmedown
Skirt: Thrift store?
Shoes (that you can't see...): Thrift store
Hat: Macy's
Pearl necklace: Great grandmother
Earrings: Walmart?

Hair: Curled. Put hat on. Pulled all but two shorter curls towards the back and lightly braided them towards the other side so that they would go into a side ponytail. :)


After service I changed into this outfit for our church's talent show and evening fellowship:

Don'tcha love wind pictures that make your skirt look funny? :P
Shirt: Goodwill
Tank: Walmart (altered)
Skirt: Made by me

Hope y'all had a fantastic day! The sermon this morning was on 1 John 4:7-12; specifically the phrase, "God is love" and all that means. How truly loving one another will usually cost us something. We shouldn't be afraid of sacrifice, of paying a price. If we're sacrificing and loving one another, we should be excited, because that's God living in us! Love isn't a mushy gushy feeling- it's a bending down to wash another's feet. Anyway, it was convicting. :)  What was your sermon on?


14 comments :

  1. Adorable outfits! I <3 the skirts. Too cute!

    I know what you mean about the thin skirts. My problem area is my waist and they always create unflattering bulges so I look bigger then I am. :/ And of course they make my hips bigger too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute outfit! I love the colors. Thanks for joining in the fashion week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the skirt, though I do understand about the awkward bulges, haha! I have several skirts that do the same thing. :P

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our sermon was about how God designed us to belong, to Him and to others. It was based on Ecclesiastes 4:9-12. Basically about confronting relationship fears and supporting God's Church. It was really good. :)

    The purple shirt works so well with the cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both outfits are very cute! Love the pink shirt!!! I had to work yesterdya so I didn't get to go to church! :(
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute outfits! love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hat!

    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love your skirt!

    -Manda Ellisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first outfit is a big NO-NO. I like your sense of style, but this was way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally love the style. :) Since you have made a couple of skirts that I have seen on your here blog, I was wondering, how did you make them? or did you follow a pattern? I wear skirts everyday (a personal belief :)) so finding new ways to make or new places to find skirts is always God sent. :)

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!