Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Guest Post | Vicki: Decked Out In Ruffles

Hi everyone, I'm Vicki, and I blog over at Decked Out in Ruffles. My blog covers all sorts of randomness, from modest fashion, to crafts, to life and what I'm currently loving. As for me, I'm a recent homeschool grad turned college student, along with a writer, a crafter, a lover of vintage (movies, fashion, books, you name it!), a reader, and, above all, a Christian. My chief goal in life is to do everything to the glory of God, though it's a constant battle, especially now that I'm in college! Anyway, Olivia asked me to do one of my favorite types of posts--"what I wore Sunday." It's generally the outfit I wore to church that week, or maybe a more casual outfit from afterwards. My very patient sister is my photographer, and I think she does an amazing job!

Photo 1 - 2012-05-04 Photo 2 - 2012-05-04 Photo 3 - 2012-05-04 Photo 4 - 2012-05-04
    Outfit details: 
Shirt:Thrifted 
Tank top: Forever21 
Skirt: Made by me 
Shoes: Sketchers 
Bracelets: Gifts from friends 
  I last wore this shirt for the Fourth of July (See the red, white, and blue accents? Along with all the other colors!) with white capris, and I've been wanting another way to style it ever since! Then after I got the fabric for this skirt, I realized it would go perfectly, and I was super excited. The high waist of the skirt gives a more fitted silhouette to the flow-y, peasant-style blouse, and also lends a touch of that vintage look I love.(: I hope you all enjoyed this post! If you did, feel free to check out my blog for more. Thank you so much, Olivia, for having me! This is my first guest post, and I'm thrilled that it was on one of my very favorite blogs. Thank you, thank you!(:

~|~*~|~*~|~*~|~

Isn't she gorgeous?! Those pieces go so well together- at first I thought her outfit was a dress! Peasant blouses are so cute, but sometimes hard to wear with a skirt flatteringly- but she nailed it! And that bracelet is so fun! Thank you so much, Vicki! Y'all should definitely check out her blog- her style is a perfect blend of funky/feminine/flattering! :)

Pin It


17 comments :

  1. Vicki, I always love your outfits, and I love your blog. :) And Olivia, I recently found this blog through ya'lls recent challenge with one skirt. And I'm glad I did! I love getting inspiration from fellow bloggers, and you have some lovely outfits. :)

    http://trueelegance92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is lovely Vicki! I love the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (link's incorrect...it has "blogger.com" added in where it shouldn't be.)

    Lovely outfit, Vicki! I need to try wearing a peasant blouse sometime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is weird that the links ended up that way... :/ when I added them in originally, they were fine! But Olivia's link at the bottom is working.(:

      Thanks! I love peasant blouses, though usually they have a band at the bottom that's really unflattering on me, so I try to wear them with skirts!

      ~Vicki
      deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. totally love your blog deck out in ruffles. Your a anamzing model and your style and taste are so cool. Modern vintage i love it too.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the skirt high waisted are so cute and vintage. love it!!!
    Britney

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute outfit!!! Modest clothes doesn't have to be boring and frumpy. Love your style and the vintage touches you added.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo cute! The skirt is so cute, and the bracelets are also very pretty :)

    To your sister: The photos were really good =D

    ~Molly~
    mollylittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE THIS!! The color of the skirt is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, the links to Vicki's blog are not working--they go to a 404 page.

    cjmr

    (a new fan, found you from a homeschooling buddy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird that my links won't work! But Olivia's link at the bottom of the page IS working.(:

      ~Vicki
      deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

      Delete
  10. I love this outfit... that peasant blouse is so bright and cheery... I love high waisted skirts, and this one in particular is so flattering on you Vicki!
    sure will drop into your blog sometime!
    Luv, Emily xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Emily! High-waisted skirts are my favorites!

      ~Vicki
      deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

      Delete
  11. Hi,Olivia
    I really like your blog. But why should we dress modestly? I mean isn't it the guys if they lust?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You need to pay to show your pics from photobucket... bandwidth is exceeded... :-P

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Olivia
    I love your blog! It really encourages me to dress modestly when the world say diffrent. I was just wandering what kind of animals you have on your family farm?
    Thanks for being such an encouragement
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have chickens, a dog, cat, and a couple of beef cows. :) Thanks!

      Delete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!