Friday, April 27, 2012

One Skirt | Three Days | Day 1


Yay! We're gonna have loads of fun. :)




I chose a skirt that I've worn less than a handful of times because I feel like its not very flattering... so I figured it'd be a great challenge to style it in flattering ways! :)

I wanted to try a printed skirt, and this one is practical, yet can be dressed up for church on Sunday~ last time I wore this skirt was to an outdoor spring (although it was raining and we froze) wedding last May that was held in a Ag Pavilion. :)

This is the print of the cotton skirt- little green flowers in a geometric pattern with blue centers.

Shirt: Khol's, sleeves altered
Tank: JCPenny's
Skirt: Handmedown? Thrift store? I don't remember. :P
Flip flops: Target
Earrings: Gift


I can't wait to see y'alls outfits! Link up with the link to the specific blog post below!



Fresh Modesty




13 comments :

  1. What a pretty skirt! I love the print. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Love the skirt!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been enjoying your blog quite a lot. You are so good at mixing and matching you clothing in a stylish, yet still modest way. I really appreciate it, as a mother of boys, it's nice to see young ladies dressing like ladies. I just wanted to let you know that you and other young ladies like you are GREATLY appreciated by mommas of boys. I hope that someday my boys find a sweet, Christian young lady like yourself.

    I've just started up a link-up on my blog called Feminine Friday and I would love to invite you to join in if you'd wish. You always have such great modest fashion posts and I think your site would be a great addition to the link-up. http://susangodfrey.com/what-is-modesty-feminine-friday-link-up-party/

    Blessings!
    Susan Godfrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement! That definition of modesty from the 1828 Dictionary really hit home for me. :) I'll have to remember to link up in two weeks when I get back from my blogging break. :) Thanks for letting me know about it!

      Delete
    2. Love the print of your skirt. The outfit is super cute. Will link up as soon as I take some photos.
      Ali

      Delete
    3. I will say Amen to being a Momma of 3 boys and 1 girl!! Nice to see girls who dress modestly. Trying to teach by example. Plus I get some inspiration on sprucing up my wardrobe. Excited to see what you do with your skirt over the next 2 days.
      Lexi

      Delete
  4. Cute outfit Olivia,
    I'm just now getting MINE on! :) Late, as usual!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great skirt choice Olivia, I love the color and pattern! I went with a simple denim skirt, so not so much of a challenge, but it will be fun to accessorize.
    Thanks so much for helping to put this blogging challenge together, I've so enjoyed seeing everyone's outfits!
    In Him,Tessa
    proverbs31wannabe-tessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love the colors in your outfit - so springy:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I missed yesterdays' because I wasn't feeling too hot, but I think I will participate a day late. :)

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!