Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Peacock

"Every time I look at you I think, 'Woah, she looks like a peacock!', but every other time it's a good, oo! or a bad oo!" ~my sister Emma. :P

I bought this shirt about a year ago, but I've only worn it twice since then. Posted here and here. It wasn't very flattering, because it wasn't fitted enough. So, this morning I fixed that in about 2 minutes and just took in the sides. Voila! A very-wearable shirt. I was concerned about sewing the ruffles, but they behaved perfectly and I had nothing to worry about. :)

Ruffle shirt: Sears
Undershirt: Halftee
Skirt: Made by Emma! The first and only thing she's ever sewn. :P
Earrings: Walmart
Anklets: Walmart

I kind of wish the Halftee was white, to go with the white lace on the bottom of this skirt, but oh well. :P My hair is naturally this stick-straight, but a little bit pouffier, so I just ran a quick flat-iron over it to tame it. :)
I don't know if these ruffle shirts are still in vogue- I know the ruffle skirts are (LOVE Ashley's!)- but I like the playfulness of it still. Anyone been watching the trends? Am I wearing "soo last year"? I won't be offended if you say yes. ;)

Have a great Wednesday!
Pin It


9 comments :

  1. Very nice outfit! It reminds me of spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your shirt! I have one almost exactly like it from Cleo, except it's white. I wear it nearly every Sunday. :P I guess I don't really watch trends though.
    ~Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look stunning! I love the ruffled shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the skirt is beautiful. Emma should do more sewing. :) Do you know where the fabric is from?

    I don't watch trends either, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help. :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the brown top, makes the teal stand out more! very cute

    --heather anderson @ latterdaystyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the shirt. The colors look great on you! And I don't think you're wearing last years styles. I've seen items of clothing very very similar to those in department stores where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! I love the layering! I haven't been watching the trends.
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your shirt!!!!!! :) anything crazy I will totally try to pull off!! :) that shirt is definitely in style in my book!! ;-) (I dont worry too much about the style anways cause it's ALWAYS changing!!! my moms tells me sometimes -- hey we use to wear that kind of ... when i was in high school! -- thanks mom! lol!
    i agree about the half tee -- the white would prob look better but hey -- you work with what you got! and it doesnt look that bad anyways! :)
    cute outfit! :D
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your shirt! I've seen people wearing them recently. But even if no one was, I still like it. *smiles*.

    Blessings,
    Emily.

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!