Sunday, April 8, 2012

Resurrection Sunday x 2

Hope y'alls Easter was as fabulous as Tennessee's! Christ is risen! He is risen indeed! I have heard that over and over today, but it just penetrates my soul deeper every time.

 I bought this dress back in December for $15 at JCPenny's. It had a weird neckline, but it was too good to pass up. A maxi dress that's actually modest *and* flattering? I knew I'd figure out a way to fix it. Came with the belt, too!

 I finally was  motivated enough last night to fix it, so I wore it for church this morning. It's super sheer, but it has a nice underslip.
Dress: JCPenny's
Hat: Target
Boots: Shoe Carnival
Pearls: Great grandmother


 The neckline used to be really open and wide, so I made it lace up the front, and it fixed it quite nicely. :) I also took in about 2" below the arms because they were really open.

This afternoon I changed into this outfit to hang out at our pastor's house watching volleyball games, napping, and watching a dramatic presentation called "St John in Exile". 

 I LOVE THIS SHIRT. I've wanted something like this for a looong time, and I was getting discouraged about not having any nice shirts to wear (ours are wearing out fast). Lo and behold we get a package in the mail from Mema with this and a bunch of other nice shirts. Yay grandma!! :D

"You know you have a hole in the back of your shirt? You should stay against a wall." ~Guy friend being sarcastic :P

This shirt has an awesome slit in the back. It's just super different and I love it, plus it lets me have fun with all those different tanks I bought at Walmart. :) Have a great day, y'all! I'm exhausted.

Pin It


24 comments :

  1. You are so beautiful! I love your outfits, and admire your seamstress skills. Have a Blessed Easter Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both outfits! We had a wonderful Easter and I am glad you did too!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. JMJ
    He is Risen!
    Cool! Thats a really pretty dress.
    I actually wore a floor lengh flower print dress with a belt too. :)
    In Christ,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the dress!
    Great outfit(s)!
    Your great Olivia!
    ~Aaliyah~

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had a wonderful easter, I did too! Cayoot dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress is great! I love really long dresses, and am glad they are slowly starting to get into fashion. What do you mean about lacing up the neckline? Did you make the slit and everthing? because I noticed that the lace was mad out of the same fabric as the dress. Great outfit!~Dollshorses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The slit was already there, and the laces were just hanging from the neckline already. So I cut those off and used them to lace up the slit. :)

      Delete
  7. Two classic things I love to see. Dressing extra special, without putting on airs, but to show the Lord He's worth it, for church, and helping lift our casual to feminine and modest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous outfits! Love the dress especially. I know how hard it is to find modest maxi dresses. :D I had a wonderful Easter, glad you did too!
    Blessings,
    Purity Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faith AlexandreaApril 9, 2012 at 4:40 PM

    This is actually a question, not a comment. Sorry! :D
    Do you offer sewing lessons?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great outfits! I just love that you are modest and fashionable! I've always believed you can do both, and you prove it. ;-) I appreciate your testimony and pray God uses you tremendously, especially amongst the young ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My sister wore that blue dress to our church on Saturday!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute outfits! I can't stand it when the armholes of a top are too open - that has always been my pet peeve! And yay for grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both outfits, my fav though was the bottom one, I love the way your hair looked too! Keep on posting please!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dress is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO pretty; i lovvvvve it :)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! I am a new follower of your blog. Your dress was so pretty, and your skirt and shirt was so cute! I have never really been into long skirts, but they look really good on you.

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. loving the dress!! Great outfit!

    Ruth
    blessingsfortheimperfect.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. just found you through a pinterest pin! (gotta love it) and i was wondering about your skirt. did you make it or buy it? is it in the post and i just missed it? i have such a hard time finding long skirts that actually go a little past my ankles (i prefer my skirts to not fall 2 inches above my foot unless i am wearing boots). so i was wondering if you made it or bought it somewhere! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I sewed the skirt with a pattern I drafted myself. I hope to offer it as an ebook sometime this year. :)

      Delete
    2. thank you for responding so quickly!!! i LOVE the skirts you have made! (i LOVE your outfits and can't stop flipping through all of them. lol)

      Delete
  18. Awkward commenting over a year after this was posted, LOL - but do you have any idea how I could fix the neckline of a peasant shirt like you did to the dress? It also ties in the front with strings but that doesn't keep it from constantly slipping off my shoulders. Love your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Sorry it has taken so long to reply. I've fixed a wayward peasant shirt by sewing a casing with seam binding into the neckline and putting elastic in it, or you could do a drawstring. This dress was kind of unique because the neckline was a funny shape. Hope that helps!

      Delete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!