Sunday, April 1, 2012

Yes, I Made My Skirt Last Night...

I love the summer. The sunshine gives me major energy to do somehow more things than I thought possible in a day. So, like I said I was going to, yesterday I did some sewing. Thing was, I didn't get started until 8:30pm... and I wanted to wear this skirt today. Thankfully I got it finished and still got showered and in bed by midnight! :P

I'll be posting about it on my sewing blog soon, but it basically was just my regular A-line pattern, chopped up and sewn back together. :) I left the edges to fray. One friend said it looked like something you'd see in Anthropology. I'll take that.

Say "Hi!" to the chickens in the background! 
Shirt: Kohl's
Tank: Penny's
Skirt: Made by me
Belt: Thrift store and Etsy
Beret: Forever21
Earrings: Technically from a friend, but Walmart. ;)

Today was a fantastic Palm Sunday! Started the day off at a leisurely pace, then came Prayer Time, Worship, fellowship lunch and a Psalm Sing. A failed attempt at a nap ended with me at the neighbor's playing Phase 10 and drinking a cauliflower smoothie. An adoption movie screening, kitchen cleaning, bedtime tucking, hearing canoeing stories, apple fritters and mint/lime drinks at a friend's about sums up my evening. Oh, and a bee sting... on my elbow... that I got while driving... :P 

I hope y'all had a lovely day as well! I'm off to check on the ice cream that is churning for an ice cream social tomorrow. :)

Pin It


20 comments :

  1. First one to comment!!! :) I love this outfit! That hat is just a bright splash of color. Ouch! Hope that bee sting doesn't hurt too much. BTW, I'm a new commenter on here, and I really like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JMJ
    Palm Sunday was awesome in VA too!
    In church for over two hours, but it was pretty epic.
    Love the skirt. :) Very neat way to make a different A-line.
    In Christ,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. this outfit is really really cute!! I absolutely love the skirt, I think I will definitely be trying to make one soon!! :) this look just screams spring//summer and the color combos are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soo beautiful! Way to go :)
    Your church sings psalms? That's so sweet! I thought our church was the only one.. xD

    -Lauren
    laurengdaniels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous outfit! The skirt that you made looks pretty good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I must say, I absolutely adore this outfit? What pattern and fabric did you use for the skirt?? And the color combo with the shirt and beret is amazing - something I would've never thought to put together, but looks fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your poor little hands! They're so veiny. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep. These pictures definitely accentuate that! Veiny hands run in my family. :P

      Delete
  8. I can't wait for the tutorial! I have been wanting to learn how to make a long maxi skirt! Oh I actually did a post about a maxi wrap skirt that can be worn 100 ways (as a dress, tank, ect) It reminded me of your style, so check it out if you have a chance,

    http://latterdaystyleblog.blogspot.com/2012/03/enwrapture-vintage-skirt-review.html

    --heather anderson @ latterdaystyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that outfit!

    Sry about the bee sting, I got stung on my thigh by a yellow jacket two summers ago and since then I've hated yellow jacket bees! My brother got stung on the cheek by a bumble bee last summer, luckily my sisters hasn't gotten stung . . . . . . . . yet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your skirt! I actually did the same thing this weekend! I finished seeing on the last buttons by eleven, since I really wanted to wear it the next day, then in the morning, I had forgotten the need to change out the buttons on my blazer, so I spent the last ten minutes before leaving for church doing that! I ended up putting my contact lenses in at church, haha!
    Ooh, and those apple fritters sound reallyyyy good right now! Sounds like you had a great Sunday!

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OUCH! Hope you're okay!
    Cute outfit! That shade of green is "you"! Love the yellow beret too!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com
    PS: were you able to figure out the button issue?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute outfit! Love the skirt! Very Western/cowgirl looking outfit.
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on the skirt, and you look great in the outfit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like this outfit. Everything matches so perfectly. I have truly enjoyed reading your posts ever since sometime last year, when I found out about your blog. :) ~Lauren (This is my first time commenting on your blog.)

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!