Thursday, May 24, 2012

Awkkkward and aWesome.

Weeeell happy Thursday evening, y'all! Sorry yesterday's post was up a day late and today's is kind of... late... too. I've got a major Bible test coming up so every spare moment when I'm not playing with weird apps on my new iPhone, I'm studying flash cards on it. :D

 Awkward:
  • These pictures. A mirror on the deck, "I don't know what to do with my left hand" poses, and trying to push the picture button without dropping the phone.
  • Auto correct. It's a love/hate thing.
  • Seeing a skirt-wearing family while at one store, exchanging awkward "oh look, a skirt wearer" looks, and then running into them at the next store too. The oldest girl looks like she feels a little insecure as she looks at those around her, and you feel led to say, "I love your skirt!" So you tap her on the shoulder and say it, all the while thinking, "Since when did I get this brave?!" and then not having anything else to say, and being in a hurry, so you just swiftly walk away. Babysteps, I guess. :P 
  • Deodorant lines on your clothes from changing too many times.
  • Awkward... or maybe it should be "awful"... the combined smell of apple cider vinegar, peppermint castile soap, orange bleach wipes, and bar soap residue when cleaning the bathroom. Guess it's better than Lysol? Just as overwhelming though. :P
  • Ticks. 
  • Trying Haggis. Homemade from a friend's lamb, too! 
 Awesome:
  • Already mentioned, but, my new iPhone. I love it and it's streamlining life majorly! All my chores are on there and my friends and my flash cards and the grocery lists and its a camera and it has tic-tac-toe... ;)
  • Detouring around bad traffic by myself without getting lost. 
  • Speed grocery shopping. You should try it, it's great. :D Just don't run too fast- might look suspicious. ;)
  • Instagram.

(My sister on the tractor last night after we hooked up the bushhog. Learned grease comes off my iPhone. :P)
  • Having way too much energy. Seriously, I haven't felt so consistently energized/"I can do it!"/not in pain/ not affected by what I'm eating/ excited to do chores this long (almost 2.5 weeks!) for a very long time. God is good. I almost don't want to blog because I want to be up and doing stuff! (no worries. ;p)
  • Getting through all the questions I received on my survey 10 weeks ago! Hard to believe it's been that long. Lots has happened! Thought y'all might like to see your results from the age question:

  •  Approaching the day with the goal of being super woman! It keeps the pep in my step. :P
  • Music theory class. So thankful for the amazing teaching and my eyes being opened to a whole new world. I'm so musically illiterate it's not funny.
  • Calculating that if I continue at my current rate for the next 55 years, I will have washed 28,600 loads of laundry.
Tank: JCP
Cardi: Kohl's
Skirt: Made by me
Flower: Gift

Y'all have a fabulous evening, y'hear?! I'm off to fold 7 loads of laundry so I'll only have 28, 593 loads left in my life. Babysteps again. What movie am I quoting? ;)

Pin It


32 comments :

  1. Your outfit it TO cute!
    your adorable in any pose doll!(not awkward!;)

    ~Lexi~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute cardigan, love the headband thingy too! :)
    Seriously, could you just come over to my house and make me a blue jean skirt like that!?! :)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a very interesting week. ;)
    Love your outfit, btw! You look very cute in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These pictures were great, especially the last one :) I wish I had as much pep as you... Tomorrow is my last day of school, but I was determined to finish early, so I have extra to do.
    Have a great day!

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate ticks too!
    Is the Bible test for a class or something you're doing for fun?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like you, Olivia. You make me smile :-)

    Love,
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you quoting Dave Ramsey??? (Financial Freedom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! No, a comedy movie. :D Guess it's a common phrase. :p

      Delete
    2. Ok, the movie...is it What About Bob? Am I right? Love you outfits ♥

      Delete
    3. Yes!! I love What About Bob. :D

      Delete
    4. I love What about Bob... and I love Dave Ramsey too! :) Baby steps...

      Delete
  8. Just wanted you to know that I really enjoy your blog (and cute outfits)!
    I love that blue jean skirt!!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're quoting What About Bob!!! LOVE that movie!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We got our first iPhones in September and we love our. I can highly recommend the following apps: Cozi (calendar, lists &more)
    Evernote (for taking notes and syncing to phone, web, computer)
    CheckPoints (like a scavenger hunt and stores you visit, you earn points that you can buy Amazon gift cards with)
    YouVersion Bible (Bible on your iPhone in many different versions)
    Pocket Sword (Bible study app)
    Thrift Buddy (finds thrift stores in whatever area you are in, helpful for fining them when visiting out of town.)
    Garage Sale Rover (finds garage sales in your area from Craig's list)

    Hopefully you'll find some fun new apps through these :)

    BTW, I love your outfit in this post!

    If you get a chance, I'd love for you to stop by my blog tomorrow for Feminine Friday!

    Blessings!
    Susan Godfrey
    http://www.susangodfrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit! :) And your iPhone! Oh my word, I want one so bad! I have an iPod, which I love, but an iPhone would be 100 times more awesome-er! I'm going to go try to find you on instagram. haha I love instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, excuse me. The line on haggis should be under "awesome", not "awkward". Duh. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally love the outfit your wearing! Cute!

    -Iris♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable outift!!

    DId you know that you can press the "up volume" button to take a picture instead of using the camera button. Just thought that would be helpful. :)

    Anna Katherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that! Awesome! That'll help a ton. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  15. Ha ha! You are awesome. Your outfit is really cute! I love stripes.

    What about Bob! :)

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for the iPhone! :) I don't know if you already saw this or not but I thought I'd run it by you that Samantha over at Sunshine Blog is giving away three iPhone covers from a neat etsy shop. I'd love to enter however I don't have an iPhone...but I thought you might like to know about it since you do have one. Here is the link: http://thefrostedbuttonhandmade.blogspot.com/2012/05/feature-and-giveaway-wrap-all.html
    Have a blessed day!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha! I do calculations like you... I actually did it with how many pairs of underpants I've folded in my time... I can tell you it was an astronomical number!!
    I have learnt so many tips and tricks in the area of folding washing... I can fold about 4-5 loads in about 15 minutes... Yep, I time myself!! You've got to put yourself to the challenge, otherwise it gets awfully dull! :)
    Don't you LOVE large family legistics?!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the outfit! So cute! It looks very Taylor Swift inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  19. woohoo!!! New Iphone!! i remember y'all watching What about Bob with us and NONE of you liking it. I guess things have changed in your opinions. ;)

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haha I remember y'all watching What about Bob with us and NONE of you liking it. We were all pretty disappointed when you left with the feeling of, "That movie was lame" But I guess your opinion has changed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Girl, you look like taylor swift!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love your blog, you honestly inspire me. I can't seem to find you on instagram though?

    Lacey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have it set private and I only allow close friends to follow me. :) Sorry!

      Delete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!