Saturday, May 12, 2012

Modesty at Wally World

I made a stop at Walmart last Tuesday and was blown away by all the modest clothes choices in the women's section. The first thing that caught my eye were these three-tier drawstring waist skirts. They had navy blue, black, brown, and white, I think. I bought a brown one for $13.

 (Our iron's still broken. :P) 
They also had a ton of shirts and stuff that could easily be layered. I loved all the patterned tees in the junior's section... and they had tanks that matched. 

 As I was waiting for my mom near the front of the store, I noticed these: 

 
 And practically jumped up and down. Seriously, two days before I had stood in my closet thinking, "I wish I could have just the bottom half of a tank..." and thinking about how I could make a durable one. So, these were exactly what I wanted.  Plus, for $10.88 you get two. I know you can get these online in prettier colors for like $17 a piece, but that is never in my budget.

 I have a fairly short torso with a pretty drastic waist-hip curve, so they're a little loose around my stomach and reach all the way to the bottom of my ribs. Until I find my sewing machine in my room (today's cleaning project. :P) to make them fit snugger, I'm just folding them down about in half. :)

I know a lot of people aren't too keen on shopping at Walmart because of their small-business smashing practices, and I totally respect that. Just thought I'd let you know what I'd found in case you were on the hunt for some cute, modest stuff. :)
Have a great Saturday!

Pin It


16 comments :

  1. I was always a fan of Walmart! :-) I have gotten some really cute and modest things there. Love your skirt.. it looks comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also noticed those Trendy Tops at our Walmart last night. Totally brilliant idea! I didn't buy any, but am certainly thinking about making my own using those cheap tanks from Walmart. Just cut off the top part and put in a little elastic in the top and there you go! This will work best when those tanks go on clearance at the end of the summer season. They mark them down at our Walmart for $1 and sometimes less :)

    Blessings!
    Susan
    http://www.susangodfrey.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm totally going to Walmart now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I will definitely look into getting these--they're both the sort of thing I could wear on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been taking advantage of the cute modest clothes at Walmart too. I saw this skirt, but sadly on me it lands above the knee. :( Looks great on you though. :)

    http://trueelegance92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for letting us know! Love the skirt! Cute outfit!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll shop at Wal Mart occasionally. Cute outfit! I have one of those "modesty panels" only mine is leopard print with brown lace. Love it!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that Trendy Top, ill have to look for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! YOu can come up with the best outfits. And I really need one of those trendy tops. I always find myself pulling my shirt down, or pulling my pants up, so I should really try to find one of those.

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wal-Mart rocks!! The only thing is...I can't fit into Junior's yet, and for some reason girls clothes are SOOO wide!! :P So...I shop at Kohl's for clothes, but Wal-Mart is still awesome. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw those trendy tops in an add and thought of you:)

    http://www.loganmakesamess.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. When I saw Wally World I knew exactly what you were talking about, my aunt and cousin call it that, my dad calls it Wally Mart!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to laugh when I opened your blog this morning...I attend a really tiny conservative college and I'm pretty sure every.single.girl on campus has bought those skirts in the last few weeks. They are great though, and even long enough on someone tall like me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for posting about the modest things you found at Wally world (my fam calls it that too!) Now I've got to see if my local one is carrying any of those items!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was at Walmart recently too, and was pleasantly surprised by the amount of modest clothing I saw there! I didn't buy much,just a tunic-dress and something off the Clarence rack but I was happy to see how much modest stuff there was. Those skirts are adorable though. :)
    I really like the idea of those half tee things...my problem is if I'm wearing a tank it's normally because I either need the top AND the bottom or because my shirt is see through! (Light color, or I'm wearing a patterned bra that shows through).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the half cami! I actually just made two out of an old shirt. Their super easy to make! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!