Saturday, May 19, 2012

Recital

As I mentioned yesterday, my sister Willa (right, below) had a piano recital last night. We'll take any excuse to dress up around here. ;)


Looks pretty sophisticated not in front of a log house, huh? ;) I should get out more often. :P

 Shirt: Gift from grandmother
Tank: JCP
Skirt: Thrift store (seen here before)
Shoes: (notice they're flip flops with little tiny kitty heels!) Payless

 Faaaallllingggg.... Yes, a models' failure. I had people watching me, too. :P I seriously was tripping over my skirt allll evening. It's too long, so I usually wear heels that offset that. Apparently little kitten heels didn't do the trick. :P

...and the recovery. :P We hung out at the reception until quarter of eleven eating ice cream and enjoying fellowship. :)
Hope y'all have a lovely day! I'm blogging from bed this morning (admit it, you do it too) and realized I still have that flower in my hair. :P I'm off to get something done (cooking, cleaning, laundry, the works. ;) before I take my grandfather to the airport this afternoon. TTFN!

Pin It


18 comments :

  1. That is a simply adorable outfit!
    Haha, I trip too when I wear long skirts!!

    Sounds like you guys had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your outfit! It's so cute and looks great on you! Thanks for sharing!
    Bethany
    www.giveawaysofblessingblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable outfit, Olivia! Flip flops are a staple in my wardrobe! They don't make too many low heeled shoes.

    I HATE it when people are watching, talk about awkward! :)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so stinken pretty!! :) I feel like your a barbie ;) ya know always looks good no matter what you do haha! -- (dont take the wrong way! :))

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. You all are so pretty!! And thank you do much for checking out my blog!! It ment a lot to me! :)
    ~rebekah~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your outfit is lovely! Very classy and sophisticated, and you look beautiful!(: Haha, I'm short, so I almost always trip over the hems of my maxi skirts...I have to either hold them up when I walk, or wear heels. Once I managed to step on the bottom of my skirt while I was sitting, and so when I stood up, I completely fell over. In front of my entire Bible history class, too! But on the bright side, at least it wasn't in front of the entire congregation! :P

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Love the hair flower!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I absolutely love your outfit and you look so beautiful! The black and white colour scheme looks so sophisticated and stunning!

    Say x
    eighteenthofmay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful outfit! Definitely something I would wear. ☺

    -Iris♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Despite the fact that your skirt was too long, I love it! (and I like your log house pictures :D )

    Missy from pure-femininity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Inspiring me for my upcoming violin recital. Umm, maybe I'm just really dumb, ;), but...what does TTFN stand for? I know TTYL, but that's a new one!

    ~Wineveria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Ta Ta For Now. Tigger from Pooh uses it all the time. :)

      Delete
    2. OK, thanks Olivia. My only younger sibling is 12, so my family doesn't watch too much Pooh. ;)

      ~Wineveria

      Delete
  12. Cute skirt. Love the top you paired with it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this outfit! The skirt looks amazing with the shirt!I want the whole outfit;) Have a nice day and a beautiful week:)
    Betsy♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Willa is SO beautiful! You are too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see such a beautiful Radiance in you and your sisters... your smiles reflect the beauty and joy of the Lord!
    You all look so lovely... dressing up is so fun!

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!