Friday, June 8, 2012

Pink At The Creek

Its one of those days where there's a million things to do, but all you want to do is enjoy the weather. The dishes will still be there in an hour, so why not take the kids to the creek while you wait for the dishwasher to finish?

 My 6 year old brother took these for me. :) After splashing me of course.

 I don't think I've worn this skirt on the blog before~ It's one of my oldest and absolute favorite skirts. It has funky colors, though, that make it hard to match with things. :)

I've worn it so much the zipper broke. It has too many linings/facings/etc to replace the zipper properly, so I just sewed the side seam up around the zipper. Of course with the zipper sewn up like that, there's no way to put it on except over  my head, but it's worth it. :D

 Shirt: Thrift store
Tank: JCP
Skirt: I think Sears like 5.5 years ago
Anklet: Walmart
Hat: Target
Earrings: Walmart

I worked on a menu plan while the kids played, and then we came home and enjoyed fresh sun-cooked hot dogs that my brother made in his solar cooker. :D Now to get to those dishes...

Pin It


18 comments :

  1. Very cute, and I love the hat! :D
    ~Hannah

    throughmykeyboard.wordpress.com
    wishinghearts.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so adorable! I love your hat especially. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love the skirt and shirt!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. High five for your little brother! :) L<3VE your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, I love the skirt. it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The earings are my FAVORITE!! :)
    I have ones just like them.
    So glad your back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so cute! The hat is so country i love it!
    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look absolutely gorgeous, Olivia! Love the hat and setting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I absolutely love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your outfit is soooooooooo cute. :) Love your hat! :P

    -Iris♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is so fun! It went perfectly with the activity you were doing :) Thanks for sharing it.
    Devin

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a very cute outfit! Perfect for the creek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the outfit, and the creek looks so refreshing. Can I come to your house and help you out with some things? Dishes maybe?! XD JK!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute! I love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the hat, skirt, & earrings! Good job :-)

    Anne-Marie

    ReplyDelete
  16. First off, thanks for your blog! I just stumbled upon it via Pinterest and I'm so glad I did! My husband and I have just recently felt much more convicted about wearing skirts mostly instead of often, but whenever I feel like it. It can honestly be hard to make more conservative clothing cute and trendy. I appreciate your posts because you do that! Also, our views on church, family, etc. are very similar so, I enjoy what you write as well. Keep it up!

    Meghan Cody

    P.S. I love, LOVE this outfit. The skirt is totally worth the trouble. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE. THIS. HAT! :D

    http://trueelegance92.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. If you take photo's of the zipper while you unpick it, you can usually replace it in a similar way - but you can leave the lining unattached - if that helps ;) Love your inspiring Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!