Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Friends of Fresh Modesty- YOU!



Hey Ladies!
So, I have a brilliant plan. A quick browse through my readers and it's clear-- so many of you are fabulous dressers! Y'all are modest, modern, and beautiful! I'm so encouraged by your desire to please the Lord. It's refreshing to know we're not alone in this struggle to be cute, but covered.
I'll cut to the chase-- I want to share your groovy duds here on my blog! I think we could all benefit from meeting those terrific dressers who may not have a blog of their own on which to share their favorite outfits.
Here's the deal- you take lots of pictures of your best outfit or one which you think others could benefit from seeing- maybe you have a tip or a new fav brand or just think it went together really well- and then you send me 1 or 2 so that I can get the gist of your outfit. If I think your outfit is worth featuring, I'll email you back and ask for more pictures.
Sound like fun? I think it will be! 
More important details:
  • Read the following carefully
  • Pictures MUST be taken outdoors. If it's raining, use your porch or just dance in the rain, but fashion pictures with indoor light usually are rather ugly. 
  • I like to have a mostly uniform look to my pictures, so I'll take care of editing and cropping the photos. :) 
  • I reserve the right to not publish you-- I'm pretty picky, but don't let that deter you from sharing! Don't be discouraged if your outfit isn't my favorite one ever- it's nothing personal! I'm pretty sure this won't be an issue since I have the bestest readers evah, but it needed said. ;)
  • I plan on posting each Friday, depending on the number of responses I get. If you're entering for this week, please have photos to me by Thursday morning so that I can ask for more pictures and have them by Thursday evening.
  • Modesty guidelines: I'll only accept outfits with skirts that come to your knees (or *just* above, preferably with tights or leggings in that case), and, in general, shirts that have sleeves and are not low cut. Right now I think we'll stick with skirt outfits, no pants. 
  • A blog of your own is not required, but if you do have a blog I feel comfortable sharing with young audiences, I'll link to you! (free publicity has never been a bad thing ;))
  • I would rather not post pictures that you have featured as an outfit on your own blog- I'd like to share original or almost original photos. This doesn't have to be super strict, but repeating a post on my blog that you already had on yours kind of defeats the purpose. :) 
  • With your parent's blessing, email photos to freshmodesty {at} gmail {dot} com.
I'm kind of excited. I can't wait to see what y'all have for me! It's gonna be marvelous. Questions? Comments? Gum, anyone? I'd love to start this Friday, so someone shoot me some pixtahs! :D

Pin It


32 comments :

  1. That picture of you and Jo bring back such memories...you "starting" in fashion and me in photography. Remember when we used the slip reflector?

    BAM. :D :D :D :D

    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...totally (totes!) submitting some pictures!! I do have a blog, www.homeschoolblogger.com/blonderings , but I would still love extra publicity! Can I still send pictures even though I have a blog? (it's a little tiny blog that only my besties read...) :) thanks for hosting this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexandra, yes, you can still send pictures! :)

      Delete
  3. OOOOOOOOOO! this is gonna be so great! I'll try and send some pics in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see all the outfits! :)

    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fun idea! I can't wait to see all the outfits that everyone comes up with! And maybe when I've got some time, I'll send in some pictures too.(:

    Hope you're having a great week, Olivia!

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, a fabulous idea! I may not be able to enter this week....but definitely sometime!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm interested in doing something like this. ;) I'll send you some photos once I come up with an outfit. Thanks for a great opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Olivia! I have been following your blog for a while now (probably around a month) and just now am getting around to commenting....... Please tell me I am not the only one that does that!:) haha. I love your ideas for modesty in a modern world, a world that is rapidly becoming filled with more and more exposed skin, and tight clothing that might as well be a second skin! I never really thought to alter clothes I had bought. I am almost always either in the mindset of buy it made or make it myself, but never that halfway option. I really love to see the different things that you have bought and then altered. Seeing your projects has started me on a similar path as well with altering some of my clothing that didn't fit as nicely as I would have liked them to (and therefor never really got worn!) Anywho.... I really appreciate not only your fresh modest dress but your modest heart as well. If only we lived closer! You seem to be the type of person that I would be friends with in real life. :)

    In Christ, Maria
    P.S if you want to use the link with my name and hop over to my blog (provided you have time!) My family and I kinda have a unique story from the past year+.

    P.P.S I would love to do this, but we will see if I get enough time out of my busy life (I live in the country and am the oldest of 11 children) to get pictures taken of an outfit to send to you.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Olivia!
    I love this idea! I am planning on wearing one of my favorite outfits tonight to church, so I will take pictures and send them to you! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds fun! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to do this. How exciting and a great idea!:D

    ReplyDelete
  12. what great idea! sounds SUPER fun. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant Idea! Don't know if I will. Just thought I'd say how much I like your blog! I just started following a few days ago!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How exciting!!! I just may send in a pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like your idea! I'm not sure if I'll enter (I don't wear skirts very often). I like your blog.
    ~Sarah
    P.S. I'd like it if you could look at my blog sometime (if you have time).

    ReplyDelete
  16. That sounds wonderful! I'm an international christian reader (australian! Go aussies!), would it still be alright for me to send photos to you some time, or would you prefer only US readers' photos?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, I'd love some Aussie submissions! Or do you wear your clothes upside down? ;)

      Delete
  17. Ohh, yes upside down. Bother, I was hoping to surprise you with my fashion sense.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hmmm, I may have to submit an outfit! Oh, and I have a request... :D

    Do you think sometime you could do a post on business attire? I'm in a Christian homeschool speech and debate league - cccodebate.org - (and I'm head over heels in love with it, counting the days till we start up again) and at our tournaments, we are required to wear professional business attire. That means SUITS!!!
    I have had so much trouble finding a cute outfit that is modest yet fitted and fashionable and business-like: it seems I can only find either jackets that are too tight or fit like a sack (my first suit...ugh) ;) And skirts too! So if you have any advice and/or pictures you could post sometime, I would LOVE that!

    Thank you so much, Olivia!

    ~Wineveria

    ReplyDelete
  19. Did you mean they have to be longer then your knees?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reaching the middle of your knees is great. :)

      Delete
    2. Ok I only have one one like that and it has a rip. A big one. So i will just wear one a little longer if thats ok.

      Delete
    3. Oh, you can certainly wear a longer one! Knee is just the minimum. :)

      Delete
    4. Yeah it is one that Rachel (she sent photos to you!) made for me and I just LOVE IT RACHEL!!!!!
      It is getting a little short but over my knees

      Delete
  20. I'd love to participate! I'm not sure how, but I completely missed this post!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I post some of my outfits on my blog. :) somethingverysplendid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Are you still not accepting pants? I don't often wear skirts.
    keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. That sounds fun!! I might do it sometime!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a great idea, Olivia!
    I'm with Natasha. This post didn't show up on my link to your blog on my blog. Wow. Would that sentence win the awkward sentence of the year award? Oh well. Anyway, I'd love to participate in your fashion show. It may be awhile before I submit though. I post nearly all my outfits that I photograph. :( Would an outfit from one of my OLD posts work? Or do you want new outfits?
    You can leave a reply on my blog. I'll get it faster that way. : )
    God Bless,
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oooh this is going to be so much fun! I can't wait!
    XOXO
    Brooke Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hey, this post has slept for a while, but I am wondering if your are stilling taking "applications" for Friends of Fresh Modesty? I would love to send some pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!