Friday, July 6, 2012

Stripes.

Hey y'all! Hope you had a lovely Independence Day week! I've been super busy, slightly too exhausted, and rather repetitive in my clothing choices. ;)
SO. Here I am, posting an outfit from several weeks ago when we went to a neighbor's for a lovely evening of ice cream and swimming (for some. :P).

This skirt is So. Bright. It seriously can hurt my eyes in some light. :P So, I've been hesitant to wear it, but it's growing on me. :D It also used to be longer, but the top was too tight, so I cut it off at the top and and made it shorter and therefore less tight. :P

 Shirt: Thrift store, altered
Tank: Walmart
 Skirt: Grandma
Flip flops: Target
Earrings: Walmart

 
What did y'all do for the 4th? I did some sewing, hiked down some creeks (nearly died I tell you), and then in the evening we hung out in a friend's hay field eating hot dogs and laughing. After dark we had our own rather impressive/professional fireworks display thanks to our pastor's son. :)

Enjoy your weekend, and I hope to be back into the swing of things soon. :D

Pin It


14 comments :

  1. It is rather bright...however it's cute none the less!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the wavy hem on the skirt! A little too bright for my taste though... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright color combination! Cute outfit. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. that colour is lovely on you! i don't think it's too bright, really suits you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Bright is "in":)

    I'm having a giveaway over at my place!

    http://www.loganmakesamess.com/2012/07/giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you having a flexi giveaway??? I'm so anxious to know!!! ;)

    ~Wineveria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! Love the skirt and your hair!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love what you did to the shirt - it looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your outfit is lovely. Bright, but a nice balance with the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the skirt! The shirt looks really cute with it:)
    - ABS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, Olivia! I read your blog All. The. Time. :), but I don't comment much. Anyway, your style of clothes is great! I'm curious about the place that you live...? You've mentioned fixing tractors, hanging out with friends at all hours, chasing sheep (no, I surely didn't get that one right)... What sort of community do you live in? And how in the WORLD do you know how to deal with tractors? I wouldn't have a clue. :O

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute!

    Lets see what did we do for the 4th... It was the last day of our family reunion. so we hung out, played, games, and had supper with relitives then went to the fireworks together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a really bright skirt too, I love wearing bright color they make me happy. I love your skirt it is so so cute!!!
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!