Monday, July 9, 2012

Yellow Roses

Hey y'all! Hope you had a lovely Sunday. Mine went by way too fast.

 Sermon yesterday was on Philippians 2:12-13: 
"Therefore, my beloved, as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling; for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure."
  
The major points I remember were that when we're Christians, we aren't to just sit by passively and let the Holy Spirit work in our hearts without engaging in the work as well. Don't get me wrong, we definitely don't have to work for our salvation like Natasha was clarifying earlier this week, but our faith should be spilling over into working out our salvation with fear and trembling.

Does a cut rose stem produce more blooms? Not in my world. If we are not connected to the vine, we will never produce good, beautiful, any fruit. We must make sure we are being fed with spiritual food. Jesus is that Bread of Life we need. It should give us the sustenance we need to work out our faith for His good pleasure.

I bought this cardi at a thrift store back in May. My mom thought it was really ugly, but I thought I could manage to make it look good (I love a challenge), so I splurged the $2 and bought it. :P

Cardigan: Thrift store
Tank: Penny's
Skirt: Made by me
Shoes: Thrift store
Hat: Target
Earrings: Droplette

The cardigan isn't fitted, so I left it open mostly and wore a fitted tank underneath to keep it flattering. :) 

Have a great night, y'all! I'll have something awesome for you tomorrow. :)


Pin It


15 comments :

  1. Sooo cute! I love the last picture and the hat is adorable!! I just awarded you here:
    http://ahomebeyondtheriver.blogspot.com/2012/07/blogger-awards-from-britt-and-gianna.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. such an adorable outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous gorgeous. LOVE the cardi. it is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to my blog!
    I can totally relate to you! My mom tells me things are ugly ALL the time! Usually she'll admit she was wrong though! :) No disrespect to your mom, but the cardigan is NOT ugly! :)
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute!! I really like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! It's always nice to take a chance on items that other people do not care for! I like the cardigan!

    Chandra
    More Modern Modesty

    ReplyDelete
  8. What pattern did you use for your skirt? It's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you made the cardigan look really nice. At first when I saw it I thought, "oh my! What is Olivia wearing that thing for?" But it's growing on me. I think it was worth splurging the $2. ;) That last picture of you looks really nice. Who took it? They did a great job!
    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought exactly the same thing! :-)

      Cute :-)

      Delete
  10. LOVE the cardi! The outfit is adorable. I always look forward to your mini sermons once a week. I needed to hear this today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I The skirt is totally awesome.I really love your blog! You always seem to find a great outfit, even for a cloudy day! And to top it off, you honor God! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That last photo sould be your profile picture!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cardigan pops. It looks so beautiful, so classy, modests up your outfit a ton, and just brings that outfit t-o-g-e-t-h-e-r!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the cardi! It's so unusual, but so perfect--good eye!

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!