Friday, August 3, 2012

Friends of Fresh Modesty- Rubi and Nela!


 Happy Friends of Fresh Modesty Friday, y'all! I'm so excited to share this first post with you! I've gotten lots of awesome submissions. I was originally planning on featuring 1 or 2 readers a week, but now I'm thinking I'll do 3 or 4! Today I have two beautiful ladies and outfits to inspire you:


Hello lovely readers of Fresh Modesty! My name is Rubi and I blog over at Lily Among Thorns. I love the Lord and seek to honor Him in every area of my life and that includes my closet. I love this outfit primarily because of the colors! I'm just smitten over the color green, especially during the summer months. I love how the outfit is modest yet very ladylike and feminine. The cardigan I fell in love with as well, also because of the neutral color that can really go with everything. It's always handy to have a go-to cardigan to take sleeveless pieces and make them modest. 
 

Here's where I got everything:
Blouse, cardigan, skirt, and sunglasses: The Limited
Shoes: Hand-me-down
Purse: Mom's closet

 Isn't this outfit darling? It's sophisticated, yet feminine and fun! The printed top with striped cardigan is very modern, yet the timeless purse and skirt keep it super classy. And looove your shoes, Rubi! The pop of another color is awesome.

Here's Nela! 

Hello! I'm Nela Holmes, an authoress of "Beloved Star" & Nel's Home Cooking. My hobbies and passions are photography, martial arts, cooking, baking, exercising, reading, writing, and of course, blogging. ;) I am a sinner saved by the grace of God through faith in the work of His Son, Jesus Christ. So come on over and visit for awhile. I would love to meet you. :)


blouse:wal-mart//tank-top:wal-mart//skirt:an attic find//necklace:gift from a relative//flip-flops:Dollar General

When I was a youngster, back when everything seemed new to me, pink was my ultimate favorite color, I kid you not. ;) Ever since I watched the Pink Power Ranger in action during the TV shows on Saturday mornings, my love for pink grew even stronger and stronger. As of late, my love for pink has died down a bit, but hasn't been forgotten. I think the reason why I like this outfit so much is because it brings back the memories that I had for the color pink. (Plus, people say that it brings out the color of my skin, but I really don't know if that's true. ;) )
What's your favorite color?

 Oo, this color is awesome on you, Nela! Love the cool printed summer skirt paired with a casual tee- with a surprise butterfly in the back! I just love back details. :) You kept it all modest and slimming with a pretty white tank underneath. And you filled in your neckline with necklaces-- classy and that extra oomph.

Lovely submissions, ladies! Thank you for sharing and encouraging other readers to be cute but covered! We'll do this again next week with some more darlings! If you'd like to submit photos for Friends of Fresh Modesty Friday, please read the details in this post.

What do y'all like about their outfits?

Pin It


20 comments :

  1. I love both outfits! Rubi's mix of prints is fabulous! and Nela's skirt is super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love both the outfits! btw, where did you get your sunglasses Rubi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      I got my sunglasses at The Limited during a sale! :)

      Delete
  3. I love these outfits, especially Nela's -- I love pink, but sadly, I don't have much of it.... And yes, pink look wonderful with your skin color, Nela!

    Rubi's outfit is cute, too -- just not really my style. But I LOVE the shoes and the big sunglasses!

    I can't wait to see what other readers share. =)


    Oh, and btw -- I emailed you via your contact page several days ago (about an interview), Olivia, and wanted to make sure you got it since I've not heard back. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bright colors in both of their outfits! Very cool. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow... the first outfit is stunning! I love that crazy much! Nela's is beautiful, too, but the first outfit is way more my style.

    I had a quick question, Olivia. I was wanting to send a submission, but do you only accept skirt/dress outfits? I was just curious as I wear pants often and didn't want to offend anyone. =) I love your blog, by the way! You're doing a great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, forget that question I asked. =) I just got smart and went back and read your guidelines. Haha! That answers my question! Hopefully, I will be getting a submission to you soon. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both outfits! So cute ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like everything about Nela's pink outfit. Plus, pink does look really good on you, Nela. :) It's so encouraging to see godly women who dress modestly. Can't wait 'til next time! :D ~Lauren :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the bright colors!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nela: I LOVE the butterfly. And yes, pink is your color! My favorite color is purple!


    Rubi: I love your name!!! And your outfit is so cute. I love the bright skirt with the neutral striped cardigan. Gorgeous!

    This was fun! Can't wait to see more!
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
  11. How lovely! I really like the pink outfit! :) Thanks for sharing such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for all the inspiring outfit posts, Olivia! I've been reading your blog for a while now, and have found plenty of encouragement that we CAN find (create?!) modest outfits that are stylish and flattering!

    I enjoy putting together a good outfit, whether sewing it or buying, as I love both crafts and beauty! :) (I also have a small business making pearl jewellery - www.pearlsaintformal.etsy.com - if you'd like to take a look!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just added a "shop my closet" page to my blog. If you or someone you know is interested please stop by.

    www.urbanstarlings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What cute outfits, ladies! You look so gorgeous!

    I love how Rubi put her outfit together. The sunglasses and top are so cute, and I like the shoes! (You also have an adorable name!)

    Nela's outfit was also lovely! Pink is one of my favorite colors, too. =) I agree - the surprise butterfly in the back is one of my favorite parts. I love butterflies!

    You look so nice, girls!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Rubi's shoes!
    and Nela's skirt, is so cute.
    Do you have to write the blog post as well to the photos?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like Olivia does that! :)

      Delete
  16. I like the pink outfit. (They all are so beautiful.) But I like pink ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!