Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sugarlips Apparel~ Bronze Age Top

Hey y'all! Hope your having a great Tuesday. I have a delightful top to review and share with y'all today.... Sugarlips, the clothing company which partners with bloggers like myself to promote lovely apparel, sent me this Bronze Age Top:

I really like the neckline style! It's casual, classy, but fun. And keeps my toddler brother entertained while sitting in my lap. ;)

I'm wearing my Halftee under it, and it worked out well I think.

Hardest part of styling this shirt was the voluminous style- As a hippy girl who wears mostly skirts, making this "tent" shape flattering was harder than I expected. It's still not perfect, but it's better. :) I'll probably take in the sides next time I wear it.

So, what's with the gathering around my waist? I grabbed a part of the shirt, twisted it a few times, and shoved it through my beltloop. Gave definition but kept the trendy shape.

Kind of an "Egyptian explorer" vibe going on in this outfit. 
Shirt: Sugarlips
Undershirt: Halftee
Skirt: Handmedown
Flip flops: Target

What do y'all think? How's your week been so far?

Pin It


13 comments :

  1. Cute top! Product reviews are always such fun! :) So glad you like it!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful outfit! And I like the shirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You styled it very nicely! I had a hard time picking something off Sugar Lips site! Such cute stuff!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely.... ^+^ I love your styles...so classy, so *Fresh* Your blog really is everything you're Title names it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a shirt! I think I like it. ;-) LOL! Is it heavy?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That top is gorgeous! I love the beadwork! And I really like the way you styled it.(:

    ~Vicki
    deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Olivia,

    Hi! I've been following your blog for quite sometime and because
    I like to give credit where credit is due, I wanted to let you
    know that I mentioned you in a blog post which you can
    find here --> http://photographyoutoftheblue.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/a-high-jacked-photoshoot/

    If you have any questions you can leave a comment or e-mail me at
    " themountaincottage{at}hotmail{dot}com "

    Blessings,
    Katelynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! So cute. I'm gonna have to get me one of those shirts! I love the skirt!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like!!!


    -Sarah at Scents On A Mission

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmmmm, Olivia, what if you let it hang loose and then added a thin belt over top? Or, you could add thin ties to the sides, in a tan/bronze color and tie it in the back for a cute addition! That wouldn't be much sewing either, and then you could adjust it as necessary for your look that day. ***Idea. What if you put a small button on the seam on either side of the shirt, and then a button hole on your ties, and just buttoned them on - easy removal! Never done this before, so if you try it, let me know...;)

    Love in Christ,
    Keja

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute! I have a belt that would also look cute with it and give it waist definition. Do you like using belts, Olivia?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Personally, I'd wear a belt with it rather than the tuck thing...it and you are lovely but it reminds me of a homeschooled guy who was in the middle of tucking his shirt in and forgot to. :P Like the Egyptian explorer vibe though :)

    ~Darby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute outfit! I say this in a loving, friendly way, but to be honest Livvy- sometimes you scare me. I have a skirt exactly like that, and I wore the same outfit as you for the "Lovely day for shopping, aye?" post, and the last awkward and awesome post, and I have the same hair as you, and yadda yadda yadda. And you wear the same stuff as me. And so you freak me out. Except it's a kinda good thing. ;)

    Whatever, I'm not annoyed, just sorta... amazed. :D (And I *really* hope you understand :P)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!