Saturday, September 1, 2012

Braided Updo and Shabby Apple!

Hey y'all! Two totally unrelated things for you today! First up, a video, showing how I do my favorite daily updo:



Not sure how it will work in another type of hair- mine's 3" below my shoulders and medium-thick. :) But, I looove it and it also crimps my hair really nicely. :)

 And, I'd like to let y'all know that I've become a Shabby Apple affiliate... which means if you order something from them within 15 days after clicking on the ad on my sidebar, I get a little portion of the sale. I don't like to try to make money from my blog, since I think of this as a ministry, but this is just one click for those of you already planning on ordering from the company with THE CUTEST DRESSES EVER (yes, all caps folks), and it would bless me. :) And seriously, Shabby Apple has amazingly adorable and mostly modest dresses! Here are some of my favorites:
(Click on the picture to get to the description)


 The Inca Trail dress... looove the color, the style, and the flow! And anything with boots is amazing.

 Love navy blue!!

 Mmmmmm banana yellow and white buttons! 

 They have theeeeee cutest maternity dresses I've ever seen. And modest. Can't wait until I need one...or two... or three... or all... :D

 And, I saved my favorite for last. This dress just seems perfect for summer, fall, and winter.

So, there ya go! Remember me next time you go to look for an amazing dress. :) And let me know if you successfully manage the updo! :D :D

Pin It


13 comments :

  1. Hi Olivia. Thanks for the tutorial! I just tried it. I have slightly longer hair and it still holds great! Thanks again!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like the updo! I am going to try that soon and I will let you know when I do. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to try the updo! It would make a great cute,yet stylish updo for work!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olivia, Great hairstyle...I've also really enjoyed the videos you've been putting up!
    I was wondering if you could tell me where to find Willa's photography blog? I found a link somewhere
    along time ago but lost it and would like to find it again. :D
    God bless!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the updo tutorial! I think I might try it this week :)

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeeahhh!!! I LOVE Shabby Apple! I can never afford anything, but just drool over their site every now and then. Disappointed that they've recently added some dresses that look at tad short (unless their models are very tall). I know others have expressed concern too and they said they are trying to add length measurements on the site. Who says I can't wear a longer skirt underneath anyway? :)
    Also, will be trying the updo. I am getting really sick of just sticking it in a claw every day. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dresses are adorable! I really like the navy too.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Olivia! I just found your blog, and want to say "THANK YOU"! I've raised two daughters and we've often joked that we should open a "Christian women's clothing store" because it was a passion of ours to dress modestly without shopping in grandma's section! :0) I love what you're doing, and will spread the word!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Updo didn't work too well with super thick hair. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the tutorial - i have worn this updo for 2 days in a row and it is FANTASTIC!! My hair looks pretty much exactly like yours, same colour and everything!! :)

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tried the updo--it worked great and kept my hair out of my way all day! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to try your updo! It looks sooo cute! And Shabby Apple? I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE their clothing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Olivia,

    I definitely agree with you! I really, really like that last dress too!!!!!!

    Naomi

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!