Friday, September 14, 2012

Friends of Fresh Modesty: Bri, Emily, Marie, and Jenny!

Hey everyone! Hope you're having a fabulous Friday! I've gotten some lovely submissions this week, and I'm so excited to share them with you! Be inspired:

First up, Bri! I love her monochromatic look that is first-rate for fall! Although it's all similar in color, this outfit is really interesting and fun to look at because of all the different textures and cuts.

I'm 13, I live in Australia and I'm home schooled. I was always into fashion but after becoming a Christian this year I decided to put my love for fashion and clothes to good use. I now understand the importance for modesty and love to create the best looking modest outfits. :)


This one is pretty simple. It's one I love to wear out to church and can be dressed up or down.

T-shirt: $4 From Valley Girl
Cardigan: $5 Sale from K-mart
Skirt: From my Grandmas friend of a friends daughter :P




But the things that really make the outfit are the scarf and boots. ;)
Scarf: Made by a friend
Boots: Borrowed from my sister (Don't you love it when you have a sister with the same size shoe! :P)  


I love this outfit because first off it is modest but still really nice! I love wearing scarves because they just dress up any outfit sooo well! But also cover any cleavage (if the shirt is a bit low etc. but you don't want to get rid of it!) 
~~*~~

Emily! She implemented my favorite way to wear a button-up-- tied! Love the toned down colors this outfit has:


Hello, lovely readers! I hope that you have been enjoying these weekly posts as much as I have. *smile*. About my outfit - my plaid shirt is a hand-me-down from a best friend. It is a little big so I like to tie it to prevent a baggy look. My skirt is actually my older sister's, but she left it behind when we left for college, so I have kind of adopted it. This outfit is a pretty typical Emily outfit. Plaid is my favorite pattern and long skirts are the best. I have spent the last 16 years looking (but not acting like) a hippy, following my Savior Jesus Christ, reading obsessively, snapping photos of everything, blogging at borrowingphotographs.blogspot.com, crafting, baking, wearing skirts, writing to-do lists, and spending time with my family and friends. Thanks for reading!



~~*~~

Maaaarie! She's so lovely, and her outfit is classy. I love the pop of color, and her hair flower sets the outfit apart. Plus, her skirt! She made it! I love it. 
Hi Friends of Fresh Modesty !
My name is Marie, I'm 22 year old french girl living near Paris. I'm a biochemistry graduate student, living at my parent's house. I blog over at http://lescrapdemarie.blogspot.fr/ (written in french AND in english). I love my family (I'm the youngest of 5, 3 of them are married, and I also have 2 soon to be 3 adorable nephews). I really like crafting, from scrapbooking to sewing...I started sewing 8 months ago to make modest outfits, and especially skirts (we don't have thrift stores here in France, and I couldn't find modest and affordable skirts). I made myself 4 skirts and 2 dresses so far, but I have a lot more ideas... 
I always wear skirts and that day was no exception : I had classes all day long, and didn't take time to iron the skirt before taking the pictures - sorry about that ! 

The weather was nice and I didn't actually get wear the cardi a lot, but I put it on for the picture (it's a color hard to match, and I enjoy finally having a skirt that requires some pink !! ;-))


The details about my outfit :
white top and undershirt : H&M (on sales)
Pink cardi : Cache Cache
Black skirt : made by me
sandals : ?? (I had them for so long that I can't remember where I bought them...)

Flower : New Look 

 My hairdo is pretty simple but feminine and put together : I braided a strand of hair that would stay in place otherwise and made a simple bun with the rest of my hair. The flower is the finishing touch of my outfit.


~~*~~

And Jenny! I'm SO excited to share this outfit, because I think it's really important to dress well all through life, not just when we're young and single. This mother's got the right idea.

Hello!  I am a 38 year old wife and mother who thinks just because you are a mom, you can still look "freshly modest" and not be seen as "frumpy mom."   My look is the three C's...cute, comfortable, and colorful.  If my nine year old approves of the outfit as being "cute", that is an extra bonus!  And, if my husband thinks I am cute...that is even better!  But, the number one person I want to please is my father above...God.  This is where modesty comes into play.  Plus, I have my daughter (www.hopeforsavannah.blogspot.com) and all her friends who are looking up to me as an example of how to dress!


Purple shirt:  T.J. Maxx
Skirt: Cato
Hat: Ross
Belt: "Hand me down" from mother
Earings: Brighton

~~*~~
What do y'all think? Are you as inspired as I am? I want to pull out my scarves and plaid and hair flowers and belts out and wear them more often! :) If you'd like to submit an outfit for Friends of Fresh Modesty (I have 3 spots left for next week!) please read this post


20 comments :

  1. I'm going to try my hardest to get pictures of my outfit today! I will send them in if i can. I love this series, Olivia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm having a very nice SATURDAY actually, (America is a day behind....:- )

    I love Marie's outfit!

    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm finding it interesting just seeing all different places people read your blog from. Australia, France; that's awesome!

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read this blog from New Zealand! :-)

      S

      Delete
  4. Cute! I especially like Bri's outfit! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am totally loving all of these outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  6. JMJ
    Wow, all these outfits are sooo awesome. :)
    In Christ,
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for posting this!! i love reading your blog and seeing how everyone comes up with different outfits that all look so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bri ---- I love navy colors for clothes, and this outfit is so cute! Very lovely girl.

    Emily --- I love the country look!

    Marie --- that is like something I would wear! Comfy, but stylish.

    Jenny --- great outfit! neat to see some older women. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely mix of people! Very different styles (from one another), yet all cute in their own way!
    Way to go ladies!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of the outfits in this post are simply lovely. Thanks for doing this series Olivia, I've been enjoying immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Bri, I just made that identical scarf for my dear sister-friend. That's the second one I've made from that yarn, and it's amazing!

    Love all the outfits, Olivia, especially Marie's. That is just like something I would wear.

    Love,

    ~Wineveria

    P.S. Keep up the Awk and Awe posts!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww! I love that line, "I have spent the last 16 years looking (but not acting like) a hippy" Emily! I dress like that too. :) It's always good to know there is another special person out there like you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Olivia, could you please give me the link to your post about how to wear hats? I went through both of your blogs about a month ago, and I found the post very helpful....but I forgot to bookmark it. :( And I don't even remember which blog it was on, this one or your sewing one. If you could help me out, I'd be very grateful. I look horrid in hats, but now that winter is coming, I'm going to try some of your tips and see if I don't look at least OK in hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://freshmodesty.blogspot.com/2010/03/hats-hats-hats.html :) Hope that helps!

      Delete
  14. By the way everyone, please, PLEASE, pleeeaaasse..... Check out my new blog! I'm desperate for readers. :-)

    Thankyou.
    God Bless
    S


    P.S.
    Maybe if I'm encouraged enough(in comments)I might start some fashion posts!

    http://shiningarrows.nzbee.com/?p=153

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and by the way.

      I publish a FREE, bi-monthly, Christian, magazine, called, Shining Arrows, along with frequent everyday posts!

      The link is on the above comment.

      God bless

      S

      Delete
  15. Great outfits, especially Briahna's!! I love her style and it was a pleasure to take photos of her in the outfit for your 'Friends of Fresh Modesty' post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, I am inspired!! I totally loved Emily's, since that is my favorite way to wear those kind of shirts. And I totally in love with Bri's! That is the kind of outfit I would everyday!

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!