Hey y'all! It's a gorgeous day outside!
- When your 5-year-old sister goes around the house saying, "Well THAT was awkward." at the most opportune times.
- Getting tickled by a pig.
- Walking down the street by yourself eating an ice cream cone. Usually ice cream is a social affair... and then seeing someone you think you might know across the street, and they're looking at you like, "Um, Hi?" But your ice cream is dripping down your hand, your hair is blowing in it, and your skirt is getting tangled around your legs, so you opt to go with the "I didn't see you/preoccupied" route and keep on walking.
- Running down the hill towards your house in a tank top at full speed trying to get a jacket on before a bunch of guys (who were early, I might add) see you in your tacky clothes. phew.
- The way our front yard looks after it's been bush hogged instead of mowed. It makes our yard look like your hair would if you combed it with a salad fork.
- Walking into O Reilly's, expecting to be greeted by the normal talkative cashiers/mechanics, and instead finding the only one working the store to be the mechanic lady. With the guys, I don't mind feeling inferior when I have to ask questions or have them find it for me. With the lady though... I was not about to look like a blonde. Us women are competitive creatures. Buuuut I couldn't find the smaller brake fluid bottle, so I had to ask. "Right there in front of your face." Oh. I'm gonna hope I never see you again, thanks.
- Learning beer is good for your hair. That was a fun conversation. :D
- Finally replying to all your wonderful emails. If you've emailed me ever and not received a response (except for Friends of Fresh Modesty emails. Haven't gotten to those yet), then your email was probably lost in my inbox somewhere. I read all emails, but if I haven't answered your question, etc, please let me know and I'll try to find your email. :)
- Getting ice cream on the town square with my sisters. SO yummy, and it hits the spot... every time. :)
- Fixing the tractor by myself and learning what a differential is in the process. Also re-attaching the riding lawn mower wheel... more confusing than it sounds.
- My 2 year old brother thinking he's Superman. He just asked me, "Livia, you neen my tape?" (cape)
- The Morning Center project. It's a ministry striving to provide free pre-natal and maternity care to women who have chosen life for their baby. I encourage y'all to watch the video on their website and get involved!
- Learning about Back to Eden Gardening... have any of y'all tried this? I did the math and it would take 27 pick-up trucks of wood chips to cover our garden... I better get started. O.o
- Starting to like getting up while it's still dark to do chores.
Tank: JCP // Arizona
Skirt: JCP // American Living
Flip flops: Target // Merona maybe?
Many weeks I've contemplated adding an "awful" section to these awkward and awesome posts, but I always decide that it's better to go through life remembering the hilarious and happy times, and not the unpleasant times (unless of course you grow from them, in which case they become awesome). :D Things like the chicken smell, and seasonal allergies, and the return of lovehandles would go in this category, but I'm not complaining. ;)
What's been awkward or awesome in your life this week?