Dress: Thrift store
Socks: Sears? Target? My sister bought them.
Boots: The Boot Locker, I think, in the mall... again, my sister's. She wore them all over the UK. Aren't they adorable??
- The cooktop at church not working, so you microwave a whole pot of soup in a casserole dish.
- You pull up to the Amish country store in your stylish big white passenger van. Surveying the picturesque surroundings, you notice a guy who could be anywhere from 15-40 years old (from a distance) tiredly siting on the bench out front drinking a root beer, wearing sunglasses. There's no telling what his story is, since this isn't exactly a common guy's hang out stop. You waltz up the wooden steps and start to turn the front door knob. The guy stands up, nearly hitting his head on the roof it seems like, "Olivia Howard, right?" Heart stops. "Um, yeah!" *surprised smile* "I recognized you when you pulled up!" *awkward silence...* "And you are?" "I'm L and J's brother!" "Oh! Yes, I know them! Nice to meet you!" You attempt at small talk but you can't really hear/understand him so you nod and walk inside, where the cashier had been observing this whole exchange with an amused/perplexed expression. When you've finished your shopping and go to walk back outside, you inquire as to what brought him out this way, since he doesn't live anywhere near this Amish store, and he just grins and holds the door for you. Okaaay, nice meeting you! Then as you get to your car you drop your xanthum gum in the dirt as you search for your keys in your ridiculously full tiny clutch.
- Trying to ombre dye your skirt, but your arm gets tired holding the top of the skirt as the bottom is in the dye, so you hang the skirt from the microwave above the stove into the dye pot.
- Having to abandon your dying project in the middle because there's hay that needs picked up and it's about to rain. So, when you come back covered in scratches and stick your hands in the navy blue dye at 10:30 pm, you suddenly look like you have a disease. Probably called Ceruleanmetacarpuspolychromasia.
- Having tossed all the plastic waterbottles in the house in a fit of decluttering rage, you have to carry a mason jar to quench your thirst. More accurately, your sister does this because she doesn't think it weird, and you decide you'd rather be dehydrated.
- Finding 4 two-year-old chicken feet in your garage.
- Getting bit by a chicken (okay, so whatever it's beak grabbing onto your finger is called) and screaming, but no sound coming out because you have a cold. And then your family laughing at you for this incident.
- Trying to chuck a bale of hay, but not being able to lift it above your waist, so it's more like a waddle hop lunge thing, while rubbing your hands raw and sneezing. Repeated 88 times.
- Somebody else re-staining our garage for us! Some of you may remember the scaffolding that we had set up this time last year all around our house. My sister, mom, a friend, and I spent close to a month stripping, sanding, staining, and clear-coating our three-story log home with power washers, scaffolding, and the world's ugliest clothing. It took way longer than expected and we ran out of time to do the garage. I had been dreading this project all summer, but last week our neighbor who does this for a living came and said he could do it! I am so thankful. So, so thankful.
- Elderflower, licorice root, honey, and apple cider vinegar hot tea. Yummy, healing, and warm.
- Season 4 of Psych, with ClearPlay of course. It's a TV series about a guy who is super observant but acts like he's a psychic detective to solve crimes. Whaaaat.
- The teepee my dad built my siblings in the backyard. It's built from bamboo he cut from the neighbor's that's like 20 ft tall.
- Getting the massive amount of junk in the carport completely cleaned out and put away, despite having a terrible cold that made it miserable to move.
- My sisters processing 4 bushels of apples, despite being ill and also caring for my sick siblings and cooking all the meals while I was passed out on the couch with a box of tissues and a video on rear differentials.
- Napping in the sunshine. Always amazing.
- Going to Forever 21 when all the highschoolers are there. Everywhere I turned there was a "stylish" girl, and it made me laugh.
- It being faster to go talk to a church friend in person than coordinating over text. Proximity rocks.
- 600 official Google Friend Connect followers. O.o Seriously, y'all? Thanks. like a lot.
Well, I have 70 chickens to rip the guts out of tomorrow, so I better say goodnight. What's been awesome or awkward about your week? Hm? HMMMM??? *raises brows* I love reading about y'alls lives. :)