- Shopping with a friend, walking towards the Junior's shirt section where she got hers. You're talking, "Okay, I think I really need to have a shirt like yours. I think I'm gonna steal it"... right as an employee walks past. Obviously you mean steal her style choice, but the employee doesn't know that. You get a look.
- Setting an alarm to wake you up in the middle of the night to switch your laundry to the dryer so you can wear it the next day.
- Waking up at 4am to the sound of thunder and pouring rain. You weren't expecting a downpour, and realize the windows are down on the vehicles. So, out into the torrents you go in your PJs. The truck's window is broken, so you drive it into the car port, and upon exiting the carport, get completely drenched with freezing water from the roof. Since it's 4am and you're getting up in 1.5 hours anyway, you climb into bed wet and hope you don't catch cold.
- Cutting your hand during chicken processing (worst injury I've ever had) and going inside to wash it off. As you're getting bandaged up, all 15 helpers migrate inside and are watching you, expecting you to pass out. Sorry folks, you're doing surprisingly well. Later you almost do from pain, but then you were sitting down on a tire in a pile of rusty junk and managed to pull through for fear of tetanus. ;)
- Wearing your new pants to work at a farm, and it getting hot so you take your boots off and roll up your jeans. Ack! The dark blue dye had rubbed off onto your skin, making it look like you hadn't shaved in 2 weeks.
- Your dad bringing home bags of pig food from his business trip. My dad isn't a farmer, folks. He was training teachers. 4 hours from home. The pigs loved the catered macaroni.
- You know that test where you yawn to see if the person you suspect is actually staring at you? And they'll yawn too if they are? It totally works.
- Laying in bed and dropping your phone square on your face. iPhoneites, tell me I'm not the only one.
- Putting on a new shirt at 6am, and then realizing you need to run something over to the neighbor's, so you accidentally wear it over with the tags...
- Your sister finding your floss on the dirty chicken weighter scale thing in the living room. The joys of little siblings.
- Dumping in so much homemade vanilla (vodka+vanilla beans) that your cookie dough smells like Windex.
- Having a guy help you at the gas station who never tries to make conversation. You're bending down unscrewing can lids, and hear the guy ask, "So, what have you been up to today?" Surprised, you say, "UMMmmm"... and then a guy on the other side of him answers. Guess he wasn't being abnormally friendly.
- Fall in TN. Can take a walk to crunch and smell the wet leaves barefoot, but wearing a shawl. It's fabulously perfect and gorgeous weather.
- Seeing the snake in time and not stepping on it when you take barefoot walks in the woods^^.
- The fact that every week before we bless the fellowship meal at church, we see who's birthday/anniversary it is that week and sing to them. Uproariously, with "WOO" between each verse. It's a great tradition.
- All the awesome helpers who helped us do 70 chickens in 4 hours... definitely not our best time ever, but this group hadn't really worked together before, so I thought we did pretty well!
- Art class! I thought I would be totally terrible at art, since when I've tried to draw I fail, but I enjoyed it and did okay! :) Excited to continue.
- The grace of God.
- The Botkin's Reclaiming Beauty Webinar this week. I thought I was a fashion expert, but these ladies make me look like a beginner with their talk of the seasons of color, ethnicity dressing, and sketching out ideas!
- Friends who encourage you to clean your room. :D
- Making it halfway to 40! My birthday's tomorrow. On my agenda is to pig out on ice cream with a friend I haven't hung out with for moooonths. And attend a pizza and talent show night at church. We're kicking off our Reformation Day weekend! If you're in the Hickman County area of TN, "Contact Me" and I'll give you details!
- Someone turning in your debit card that you lost in Rite Aid's parking lot. Whew.
- Buying yourself a birthday present.
Shawl: Goody's yeeeears ago
Flip flops: Target
Hair: Video here