Thursday, November 29, 2012

A+A: Haggai And Friendships

Hey y'all! This week has been kinda boring and absolutely insanely crazy at the same time. :P


Awkward:
  • Getting the book of the Bible, "Haggai" in Charades. Then trying to break down the word and imitate a hag. Longest time of the game. :-/ :P
  • Walking through Whole Foods with 6 of one friends' siblings without your friend, a different friend and her mom, looking for a birthday gift for a totally different friend. And running into people you know. One of those, "How did I get here?!" look back over your life moments. But then you couldn't be happier. 
  • Picking up your little brother in church and the hem of your skirt getting tangled up without you knowing. So you stand there with your slip very obviously showing for way too many seconds until you notice your friend's funny expression. Most embarrassing moment yet. 
  • Your scarf falling on the pig fence and conducting 3 joules of electricity around your neck. Instant dance party!
  • Having Paul at O'Reilly's install your battery and standing there while he does it. What do you talk to a shyish mechanic about for 15 minutes? "Um, nice tools?" We did manage to make conversation about smoke stacks and college. And public disturbance laws.
  • My response to clearance sales. "ITS ONLY 80 CENTS! We must get TWELVE!" And my legit yard long receipt.
  • Pulling out the debit card to a closed account mistakenly and trying to swipe it half a dozen times and freaking out that you've by some bizarre happening reached the credit limit on what you thought was your credit card and trying to figure out how you were going to pay for the two cart loads of stuff you just checked out. Awesome is the relief when you realize you had the wrong blue card and that everything was going to be OK and you hadn't been robbed. :)
Awesome:
  • Getting my fabric in for the dress I'm making! I'll give you 2 hints: Navy. Lace. 
  • Chamomile tea with a drop or two of orange essential oil per cup. ooooh boy is it yummy. No need to sweeten, although honey makes it extra healthy. It's fended the cold off for me so far. 
  • Coffee afternoons with engaged friends. Eeeeep. 
  • FaceTiming faraway friends! While you make gluten free tortillas or clean your room.
  • A Sunday afternoon to read. 
  • God's providence in friendships, in life. Thinking that had you not stopped to talk to a girl 4 years younger than you in the bathroom of a hotel 3 years ago you wouldn't have such a fantastic friend to text every day, to encourage you, to test your crazy ideas, and sympathize with your unbloggable awkward moments. :D
  • Getting a copy of the pictures a friend took of Babette's Feast and getting to re-live the evening a little bit. I added a group picture of the kitchen crew to this post, if you'd like to see some of my dear friends. :) I still get tears in my eyes remembering how beautiful it was. 
  • White teapots bought for every day use. It adds class to life. 
  • Having friends leave your house or getting home after your parents go to bed. One of those things that I go, "Oh, wait, I am old enough for that now, aren't I?"
  • Grace to get through the day.
I threw this outfit on when it was determined that I needed to run errands last minute. Thus the wrinkly skirt and blurry I-have-the-wrong-lens-its-almost-dark pictures. :P

Shirt: Goodwill
Tank: F21
Skirt: Made by me
Boots: TJMaxx
Jewelry: Made by my sister (Yes, she sells it. Email me if you'd like her prices!)

Alright, I've got some Christmas gifts to work on... au revoir! What's been awkward or awesome about your week?

Pin It


18 comments :

  1. Oh! I can't wait to see what you're making! I have some navy satin and navy lace I'm making a formal out of but I just can't decides on the style!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your outfits are always so pretty as well as yourself. I was wondering if you might come and check out my blog. Not trying to be annoying, show off, etc. but I know that I can never find a good modest fashion blog. So far I only have you and Natasha. I just started posting my outfits, so I only have a few, but I thought you might want to start following my blog. I don't really have any readers yet so... :-) Thank you so much! Also, I love your boots!
    Cassia
    My blog:
    www.shortthoughts.com/cassia

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think I've seen some sneak peeks of what your dress might look like on your pinterest :D
    -Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so awkward, it's unbelieveable. My most awkward moment of the week was probably looking back at a facebook status that I put a week ago. I thought I put "...And suddenly you see a big opposum run across the driveway," but, while I'm rereading it, I find that I had put "... And suddenly you are a big opposum run across the driveway."
    That's why I don't post on facebook very often...
    Anyway, I loved your shirt! And the boots were very cute too :)

    ~Molly~
    mollyslittlecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "coffee afternoons"--I really like that. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. My A+A post is here:
    http://shiningarrows.nzbee.com/?p=1057
    :D
    Olivia, I love your blog to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stripes! very cute.

    xxNatalia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch...yeah the electrocuting does not sound fun! My parents own a car wash and my dad has been teaching me how to fix things, one day he didn't have time to come over and fix the vacuum-so he told me how to do it over the phone...word to the dumb: don't listen to your 15 year old brother who acts like he knows what he's doing...I ended up replacing the fuse in the top-after my younger brother told me "Yeah, just throw the fuse in!" (Me) "Okay...are you sure?" (younger brother gives me a roll of the eyes and a "you're an idiot look". Okay...*Zap* not a pleasant feeling! My right hand felt really weird for about 30 minutes after! LOL!

    You're outfits are always so cute! I'm constantly battling not staying my exercise clothes all day...or worse my PJs! :) Going to have to get an outfit post together tomorrow...
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't wait to see your dress!!!

    ♥Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! Very country/cowgirl looking! Imitate a hag like in Narnia. Those electric fences bite! I'll bet that was painful! I love reading on Sunday afternoons! God's providence is amazing! Sometimes without grace you think you just can't go on!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love button up plaid shirts, but I don't really know where to find them. Do you know of any good places to find shirts like that?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gluten-free tortillas? Count me in!!! LOL ;) Awesome outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally, that creepy one in Prince Caspian - the part in Aslan's How.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So, my A and A? Awkward: Walking around church carrying the book "Preparation for Parenting" trying to find the person your dad told you to give it to, and realizing that looks really bad, (you're defintely unmarried) so you rush up to the person and shove it in his hand and rush off.

    Awesome: understanding debate coaches who love you no matter what.
    Being old enough to shop for presents on your own.
    Long car rides to the grain elevator with your dear daddy - beautiful farmland, stops at the library, the pottery shop (sale day!) and the ice cream store, and wonderful long talks about anything and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the boots!

    Im having a giveaway!!! www.sewscissorhappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a really cool and simple style! That is something I like! Really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!