- Getting the book of the Bible, "Haggai" in Charades. Then trying to break down the word and imitate a hag. Longest time of the game. :-/ :P
- Walking through Whole Foods with 6 of one friends' siblings without your friend, a different friend and her mom, looking for a birthday gift for a totally different friend. And running into people you know. One of those, "How did I get here?!" look back over your life moments. But then you couldn't be happier.
- Picking up your little brother in church and the hem of your skirt getting tangled up without you knowing. So you stand there with your slip very obviously showing for way too many seconds until you notice your friend's funny expression. Most embarrassing moment yet.
- Your scarf falling on the pig fence and conducting 3 joules of electricity around your neck. Instant dance party!
- Having Paul at O'Reilly's install your battery and standing there while he does it. What do you talk to a shyish mechanic about for 15 minutes? "Um, nice tools?" We did manage to make conversation about smoke stacks and college. And public disturbance laws.
- My response to clearance sales. "ITS ONLY 80 CENTS! We must get TWELVE!" And my legit yard long receipt.
- Pulling out the debit card to a closed account mistakenly and trying to swipe it half a dozen times and freaking out that you've by some bizarre happening reached the credit limit on what you thought was your credit card and trying to figure out how you were going to pay for the two cart loads of stuff you just checked out. Awesome is the relief when you realize you had the wrong blue card and that everything was going to be OK and you hadn't been robbed. :)
- Getting my fabric in for the dress I'm making! I'll give you 2 hints: Navy. Lace.
- Chamomile tea with a drop or two of orange essential oil per cup. ooooh boy is it yummy. No need to sweeten, although honey makes it extra healthy. It's fended the cold off for me so far.
- Coffee afternoons with engaged friends. Eeeeep.
- FaceTiming faraway friends! While you make gluten free tortillas or clean your room.
- A Sunday afternoon to read.
- God's providence in friendships, in life. Thinking that had you not stopped to talk to a girl 4 years younger than you in the bathroom of a hotel 3 years ago you wouldn't have such a fantastic friend to text every day, to encourage you, to test your crazy ideas, and sympathize with your unbloggable awkward moments. :D
- Getting a copy of the pictures a friend took of Babette's Feast and getting to re-live the evening a little bit. I added a group picture of the kitchen crew to this post, if you'd like to see some of my dear friends. :) I still get tears in my eyes remembering how beautiful it was.
- White teapots bought for every day use. It adds class to life.
- Having friends leave your house or getting home after your parents go to bed. One of those things that I go, "Oh, wait, I am old enough for that now, aren't I?"
- Grace to get through the day.
Skirt: Made by me
Jewelry: Made by my sister (Yes, she sells it. Email me if you'd like her prices!)