- After getting my hair styled, having to drive home in the truck. 60mph+ half-down window= byebye hairdo. So, I held my hair tight with my right hand as I drove with my left, which had the splint for my cut. Oh so classy in our wrecked truck. :P
- The attention I get when I drive the truck with the completely smashed front-end.
- Just snuggling under the covers on a cool fall night, and your sister in a rushed voice, "Oh, remind me to duct tape my knee tomorrow!"
- Misty morning, hauling scraps into the woods for the pigs. Suddenly, I hear a very distinct duck quack. "Quack quack QuAck"... what in the world? We don't usually have ducks around here... turn around... no duck.... oh. It's my 7:15 alarm on my phone in my back pocket.
- Things my 14 year old sister says: Me: They are only the most awesome high culture cookie currently in vogue! Willa: Where's Vogue? Me to computer: Taylor does Viva la Vida?! Willa: Isn't that a kind of cheese?
- Spotting some super impressive almost-painted-on eyebrows on a lady in a parking lot and losing yourself in laughter over them, thankfully not in a way that she knew.
- Standing outside the mall waiting on your mom to pick you up with your sister, and she steps into the grass and sinks in mud. People stared as she tried to clean the mud off with nothing more than the wet grass. :P
- Shopping the clearance section of Walmart, happy as can be. Suddenly realize you're singing along with "That's What Makes You Beautiful" at the top of your lungs. :)
- Needing to pick up something from an Amish family for a friend, but not having been to the specific home before, you accidentally creep around the wrong Amish home looking for the thing because the sign on the door said everyone was out at a funeral. Thankfully I don't think I have to worry about being caught by security cameras.
- Biking 2 miles in your slippers.
- Driving down the driveway at night, and noticing deer in the front yard. Realizing 45 seconds later as you re-enter the driveway that you just chased deer out of your yard with a passenger van, totally without thinking.
- Out to lunch with friends, and realizing an hour later that you still had the remains of parmesan wild wings in your teeth.
- Neighbor stopping you and thanking you for driving so slow past his house because road dust is as bad for your lungs as second hand smoke, apparently.
- Spontaneously hopping in a truck bed with nearly a dozen of your good friends to drive around admiring the amazingly gorgeous fall colors.
- Webster's 1828 definition of DISCRETION, n. 1. Prudence, or knowledge and prudence; that discernment which enables a person to judge critically of what is correct and proper, united with caution; nice discernment and judgment, directed by circumspection, and primarily regarding ones own conduct. // Applying that to Proverbs 11:22: "As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a beautiful woman who lacks discretion." Now apply that to dressing.
- Discovering via Instagram and the power of iPhones that you and three friends are all "in the city" so you meet up for coffee. Because you can.
- Playing "air hockey" with your mom at your table at Whole Foods with the lid of your bacon/brussel sprouts side dish.
- Reformation Day at our church a couple weekends ago. Was so encouraging, and so nice to just spend two full day hanging out with church family.
- Going out to lunch to celebrate a friend's birthday with her family and another, then being treated to Pinkberry. On 45 minutes of notice. :)
- Remembering. Funny to think over what you were doing on this day last year. What's changed, what's the same. How much has happened, but what hasn't.
- How patient y'all are with me when I don't email you back promptly at all. :)
- This is my 200th post!
Shirt: Walmart (I'm aware its tightish, sorry)
Skirt: Made by me
Socks: no idea
How have y'all been? I've been spending a lot of time outside these days, enjoying the amazing weather while it's still warmish. Walking, biking, driving, anything where I can see leaves. :)
What's been awkward or awesome about your week?