Friday, November 23, 2012

Friends of Fresh Modesty: Becky, Rebekah, Joanna, and Tressa!

Hey y'all! Thank you so much for your overwhelming response to my Friends of Fresh Modesty request! I think I have pictures for another week or two already. :)

First up we have a little bit of an exception to the "skirts only" condition because this outfit my friend Becky is wearing I found to be a great encouragement. It's classy and well-done, but looks fun and modest. :)

 Hi! I'm Becky, and I enjoy music, crafts, sewing, and writing. I blog over at maketodayanadventure.blogspot.com and I share most of my sewing and craft projects there. :)

I love outfits like this one. The boots and cardigan keep it weather appropriate, the hat makes it more fun, and the long tunic over the jeans makes it very fuss free and comfortable.

With outfits like this, I personally would prefer wearing jeans to leggings since leggings would make the "skirt" clingier, and wouldn't be as warm. Also, leggings would make me feel like I was going to a concert instead of Wal-Mart. ;) They are also a lot more clingy in comparison to these jeans, and the length of the tunic would make me want something that wasn't skin-tight underneath. :)
So, in this I can feel comfortable and casual and still have the "It's fun to wear a dress" thing going on. ;) :)


 Since I buy 95+% of my clothes secondhand, it'd be a pretty boring list for you all, so I included the brand name that's on the tag. :)
Dress/Tunic - No Boundaries [Goodwill]
Jeans - Aeropostale [Goodwill]
Cardigan - 62 East [JCPenneys; Gift]
Boots - Journee Collection [Amazon]
Hat - [Borrowed]
Necklace - Handmade gift
Earrings - BigLots

~~*~~
 Here we have Rebekah, who did a fabulous job with matching the "styles" of her outfit together-- the pieces flow so well! Looks nice and warm. :)

Hello!  My name is Rebekah, and I am a sixteen year old homeschooled Christian girl who loves to eat well and garden often!  I have seven siblings, two amazing parents', a shelf full of aged hardbacked books, a tendency to collect hand-glazed mugs, this crazy love for frogs, a passion for writing ALL THE TIME, and a deep love for the God who rescued me from myself.  When I am not in the greenhouse with my Mumm, I am either chattering with my sister Abby, learning new words, finding an estate sale to browse through, studying hard, housekeeping for the neighbors', teasing my siblings', or hanging out with horses.  I love
clothing, and have endeavoured to dress modestly and fashionably while still being me.  My favorite verse is Deuteronomy 32:7.  Thank-you, Olivia, for the chance to appear on your blog, and thank-you to my Mumm
and sister Abby for taking pictures for me :)



   The skirt is American made, 100% wool!  And it has two pockets-- the feature that I love most!   My Mumm found it at a thrift store for me.
   My black shirt is actually part of a Worthington sweater set, but it is just right for layering.  It was a hand-me-down from my Mumm.
  And the gray sweater is nearly half Merino wool.  It's make is Express Design Studio.  A timeless find from Plato's Closet.
   The shoes are black heels that I bought four years ago for a wedding. I cannot remember the name of the store, but it was similar to Payless Shoes.


 ~~*~~

 It's Joanna! I love her accessories for this outfit. Not only do they match each other very well, but the belt adds definition and the necklace mimics the long flattering "line" of the maxi skirt.

 My name is Joanna Webber and I'm a photographer/seamstress/ student in the Northern Illinois area.  I'm the oldest at home right now and when I'm not starting up my photography business or studying I  driving my siblings around town or planning my next sewing project.  I've been following Olivia for a couple years and have greatly appreciated her tips for dressing femininely everyday!  I post about life on my blog at Jo-witt-it's Portfolio, www.jowithitsportfolio.blogspot.com.

 This was a Saturday outfit for going to my brothers' cello recitals.  Turqouise tank from Khols a long time ago, no more tag.  The Limited light chambray button up, white leather belt from a garage sale, earrings made by my aunt, Necklace from a garage sale, solitaire skirt from Marshalls.  Black Kenneth Cole Reaction flats from Sam's club.  Who knew?

~~*~~

 Tressa has a super cute outfit to share with us! I love the comfy casualness of it that's not frumpy but rather is made classy by the contrast stitching on her skirt, the boyfriend cardigan, and her cute boots!

Hola, Fresh Modesty readers! My name is Tressa and I am 12 years old. I live in a little town in Iowa, where most of the people are Dutch (thus my Dutch name) and I am named after my great grandma Tressa. Oh, and I want to say thank you, Olivia, for featuring me! You are such a great role model to all of us modest ladies! 


I love this outfit because it is comfortable, cute, and stylish! Here's the details:
Cardigan-- Aeropostale
Shirt-- Thrift Store
Skirt-- Maurice's 
Leggings-- Old Navy 
Socks-- Dollar Tree
Boots-- Maurice's 
Dragonfly Necklace-- Consignment Shop 

Even though my skirt is just above my knees I think it still fits the modesty bill, mainly because I'm wearing leggings and the super-cute boots draw attention away from that fact!

 ~~*~~
Thanks for the submissions, girls! I love to see y'alls outfits so much! What are your favorite parts of these outfits? Blessings on your day!

Pin It


13 comments :

  1. Rebekah's outfit is soooo cute!! Also Bekah's. And the others girls did great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all very lovely outfits, but I my favorite would have to be Becky's! :D

    I've always loved the idea of wearing an oversize dress/tunic over jeans. It makes it both girly & tomboyish all at once. ;) Great idea, Becky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the outfits today, especially Rebekah and Joanna's!
    Your necklace is absolutely to die for, Joanna; and your aunt did a charming job on your gorgeous earrings!!
    Rebekah, your updo is charming, and I love how you mixed the colors black and brown, which are typically hard to combine (to me, that is)! You really nailed it!

    -Charlotte
    boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Becky's outfit! Wearing a dress over jeans is a great idea! I love how Joanna made her outfit more fitted by putting on a belt over her button up!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite is definitely Becky's. Love that tunic with the jeans, boots and hat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfits-all of them! I think the outfits are getting better with each post! Such an encouragement!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebekah's gray sweater is lovely. And her hair! :D

    I always love pearls, and Joanna's are no exception. :) Neat garage sale find!

    Tressa: I really like the edges of the socks showing over the boots! Now I will have to look at Dollar Tree for some. ;)
    (I know what you mean about Iowa Dutch Small Towns; I've encountered quite a few, and my Grandparents live in one- Orange City. Both my parents are 100% Dutch) :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Joanna's outift! So fresh and modest :) - but it really stands out as being put together AND distinctively modest. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Tressa's outfit! Especially the boots (although, if I wore them, I'd make them high heeled since I'm short) :P.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Joanna and Rebekah's outfits! I especially love the detail on Rebekah's sweater, and the fact that she mentioned the fiber content of each piece she was wearing; I have a bit of a penchant for wool. ;)

    Brigid
    The Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tressa is simply breath-taking! And no, I am NOT just saying that because she's my niece!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tressa is simply breath-taking! LOVE her outfit. She is always full of style, class and grace. SO PROUD of my niece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all of these! Thank you for sharing all your wonderful outfits. It really is an encouragement to all of us to see that there are others out there who are excited to dress modestly! I have been especially looking for good hairstyles recently, and appreciated Rebekah and Joanna's ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!