- Spraying black oil paint for hours and hours, and coming in with black hair.
- The smell of clothes from Walmart. Is it just me or do they smell like Vaseline?
- Simultaneously teaching Seth how to wrap a gift, Elsia how to use the microwave, and Josiah to sit on the potty. Sounded something like, "No, this is right side up. Press 1. Cut here. Pull down your pants! Press 5, then start. Tape the middle. YAY JO!"
- Squishing three people into two seats in a vehicle. Even if it's just your siblings, it's awkward.
- Running out of gas at the "crossroads" of our driveway. Having not only your well-to-do neighbor walk past as you're filling it up with a too-short nozzle and a big red can, but a whole school bus of kids turns around right beside you. Did I mention it was frigidly cold outside?
- Getting a knock on your door, "Y'all want our deer guts?" and then thanking them for thinking of you.
- Talking to a friend you ran into at the gas station as you pump. *click* Me: "Oh, it stopped. That's weird." (thinking it should have farther to fill) Him: "Yeah, it does that when it's full." Me: (sarcastically) "No kidding!?" Him: "Oh, have you never filled it up before??" Me: o.O "Sorry, that was sarcastic..." Him: *surprised grin* I'm 20, folks, and have been driving for 5 years. I've filled a tank before.
- The fact that it's been 14 days since I painted our fence and my fingernails STILL have black paint on them. Gloves, girls, gloves.
- The chicken statues that are staring at me as I write this post. Those usually aren't too weird to have sitting around in our neck of the woods, but these two are painted with zebra stripes. Just a little rarer.
- Getting the cashier at the feed store's whole BBQ technique and recipe without asking. And trying not to drool on the floor for the 15 minutes he was explaining it.
- Getting to help take engagement pictures of a good friend with two other great friends, and a guy who's pretty awesome too. :D
- Helping cook enough chili for 200 people in about 2 hours. And it not having been on your agenda when you woke up that morning.
- Being ridiculously happy these days. God's forgiveness and peace surpasses ALL understanding, and causes such joy!
- Being ready for dinner guests early, so you're able to relax and just mosey around. Usually it's a royal kerfuffle around our house until the guests walk in. :P
- Having family drive through the area and staying with you.
- Staying up until midnight working on projects with friends.
- The marshmallow fight we had after Thanksgiving dinner with church family. Those things can hurt!
- Fires in the fireplace! Hot cocoa twice a day! Christmas music!
- Finding out from the bank teller that your neighbor was out of town.
- Global warming. I may not appreciate it later, but it being 60* outside in November kind of rocks.
- Getting my ebook to the testers! Hoping to have it out by Christmas. :) :)
- Getting an email Thanksgiving morning from your pastor and jumping out of bed excited at the opportunity: "Hi Olivia, I got a deer this morning and you are welcome to come over and watch me process it if you wish." It's been on my "to learn" list for a while. :D
- My mommy feeling better! We don't take her health for granted at all anymore. :)
- Fellowship on Sunday evenings. So cozy, comfortable, and encouraging.
Skirt: Made by me (I made it this week testing techniques for the eBook! Can never have too many. ;)
Necklaces: Gift and Etsy