- Finding "snow" all over the truck... courtesy of your siblings who had scraped paint off the ceiling of our carport and let it get inside the vehicle. Had to use a paint brush to sweep out your seat... and try not to inhale the super fine dust when it flew out of the windshield cracks and in the window. :P
- Finally being able to toss a hale bay. I mean a bale of hay. I say it wrong almost every time. :P
- Your right leg being so incredibly sore from climbing over fence posts every 10 minutes for 6 hours, with running long distances uphill several times in there as well.
- Before being able to drive off, having to remove a sword and shield from the roof of the car. My siblings play in weird places.
- Lighting a propane burner to do applesauce and singeing the hairs off two of your fingers.
- Growing up.
- The sweater from this post + feeding cows = hay ghillie suit.
- Having to explain to your 14 year old sister that the engine is in the front of the car. O.o
- Resurrecting a laptop that, until its screen was cracked, was the best computer in the house, and just 2.5 years later can't even load facebook because it's so outdated and slow.
- Sister asking what the jug of pink liquid on display at Save a Lot was. It was not labeled except with the ingredients, all of which were chemicals and sugar. Telling her it was poison, and she totally believed you. It was so gross looking.
- Arriving at the park with your siblings and sitting in the car for a minute until you figure out if the guy hanging from the top of the slide was drunk or not. Thankfully not.
- Having a conversation with someone and their eye keeps going off of your face and to your hair... where you discover hay looking very much like dandruff several hours later.
- One of my closest friends getting engaged! They totally skipped the awkward courtship/dating portion and were able to go straight to engagement. That's the way to do it, folks. This is THE most awesome thing to happen... possibly ever in the history of these posts. :) So happy for them! "Practically perfect in every way..."
- Dehydrated apple slices.
- Getting to vote again! I voted for a local election just weeks after I turned 18 two years ago, so I knew the process, but its cool every time.
- Taking my siblings to vote with us. They were told to get in the car cause we were voting for a new president, and upon returning home, they were disappointed we didn't go "boating for new presents." :P
- The Botkin's webinars are just. so. good. My favorite quote from two weeks ago talking about clothing styles and making sure the styles are consistent. "We should be diverse, but not multi-minded." Essentially, we should seek for a coherent look. Punk spiked necklace with a a white church dress is not diversity or "expressing myself". It's two totally separate styles that together send a signal of confusion.
- Being able to just get together and have brunch with friends on a weekday. Because.
- Journaling. I wish I had been more consistent in prior years, but I'm really enjoying lately. Even re-reading entries from last week I realized how narrow my focus can be sometimes that I forget God's goodness in the very near past!
- My hand healing! Ive still got a significant red mark/ healing scar, but I have full range of motion and pain only rarely. :)
- Spending an evening at the Botkins listening to Dr. Paul Raymond, an influential pastor in his town, talk about how to bring the Word of God to bear on those around you, specifically those in political positions in your area. Very encouraging, very inspiring. :)
Skirt: Made by me
Flower: floral department :)
Earrings: Payless about a decade ago. :P
Have a great day! Do you journal? Why or why not?