Friday, January 18, 2013

Friends of Fresh Modesty: Lexi, Ashleigh, and Caroline!

Hey y'all! Friends of Fresh Modesty is back! I hope you enjoy these outfits as much as I have! 

Lexi (blogged before, here and here) has two outfits for us today! I love how her second outfit incorporates the green leggings that help pull her green cardigan into the look. :)

If there is such a place where four-wheelers are driven on roads... roller coasters could be built in your own backyard...gravity is optional...everyone understood my obssession for owls...dogs could really be your best friends...coffee is served every morning...everyone appreciated the St. Louis Cardinals...or just baseball in general...and shoes, what are those? I totally want to be there!!!

  Shirt: sisters
sweater: thrifted
scarf: gift from Aunt-It's from India
skirt: sisters
boots: Kohl's

 Shirt: thrifted
sweater: thrifted
scarf: Silver Dollar City
skirt: thrifted
leggings: Burlington's
boot socks: Claire's
boots: Old N


~~*~~
Here is a fabulous way to stretch your wardrobe-- a shirt (or two!) over a dress! 
 Hi! My name is Ashleigh and I blog over at The Preppy Little Polka Dot (www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com). As you can tell from the title, I love preppy fashions, be they casual or dressy. I also like to share sewing projects and ways to fix ugly, outdated, and clothes that don't fit. I love writing, baking, taking photographs, running, blogging, sewing, and crafting. I also love working with younger children. I feature a post on my blog every week detailing the outfit I wore to my Tuesday Teaching job, where I read Bible stories to 2-4 years olds in our church nursery. That's me in a very big nutshell. Also, a huge thank-you to Olivia for featuring me on her blog!

The outfit I am wearing is very casual and comfy. People who know me know I'm big on comfort. The outfit is actually a maxi dress with two shirts on over the top. The top of the dress is not very flattering, so I don't wear it very often. I was really glad to find that the entire outfit worked together. The outfit would probably work with a jean jacket as well. 

~~*~~

 I loved this pretty lady's shoes so much that they inspired me to look on Kmart.com for shoes... and I ended up getting the ones I wore with my navy lace dress. :) So, thanks, Caroline!

 Y'all may remember me from a while ago when Olivia posted one of my outfits, but if not, let me introduce myself again: I'm Caroline. :-) I am so glad to be featured again for Friends of Fresh Modesty!

 This is one of my all-time favorite dresses! The just-off-white and black have such beautiful contrast, especially with the double border/hem, and they are perfect to pair with some of my favorite dress shoes! The pearls blend with the colors seamlessly, while my ring ties in with the red in my shoes.


So, now for where I got everything:
Dress: Gift from Grandma. :-) She found it at JC Penney, on clearance!
Shirt: Wal-Mart
Shoes: Kmart (clearance, too!)
Jewelry: Mostly gifts, like last time :-)


~~*~~

What are your favorite elements of each of these outfits? How do they inspire you?

I plan on continuing Friends of Fresh Modesty, but I'd like to take it in a slightly different direction. Instead of featuring four outfits a week, I'd like to do maybe one or two that really showcase the "art" of tasteful clothing design, as I spoke about in this post. I'd love to talk about each outfit a little bit more and encourage us all towards really thinking about why certain things work and why certain things don't. It sounds kind of intimidating, but let's challenge ourselves! I've been doing this occasionally as I get dressed and wow, it's a lot to think about! But, it's also really rewarding and has helped me refine my style.

But, I can't do this without y'all. If you have an outfit you believe does pretty well with the "principles", please submit it! I need to be inspired, too. :) Blessings on your weekend!

Pin It




12 comments :

  1. Thank-you so much Olivia for featuring me! Thanks also for this opportunity.

    www.thepreppylittlepolkadot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Olivia! This is so cool, the girls' outfits are really nice! Maybe one day I'll send in a pic. But the Caroline's dress was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! I love all the outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that third outfit and the red Mary Janes. My girls and I live in those long maxi dresses with a jacket, sweater or bolero to cover on top all year long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the see FoFM being back! The ladies you're featuring here came up with great ideas...I absolutly love Lexi's second outfit (it's kinda sad though that the pictures quality is so poor...I'd love to see details more clearly !) and Caroline did such a great job pairing those cute red shoes with that pretty dress...
    I'll go back to the post where you explained what to think about when putting together an outfit and try to do the exercice of thinking a lot more when putting an outfit together...
    Oh and I have a question for you : are you having snow right now ? My BF is studying in Tenessee (near Powell) and she had snow yesterday...I was just wondering...And also because we're having snow right now in Paris and I love it !
    Blessings on your weekend dear Olivia !

    http://lescrapdemarie.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how Lexi paired a long skirt with short boots in her first outfit, and how she paired a knee length skirt with knee-high boots in the second! I love how Ashleigh paired a shirt over her dress! Great for a strapless or spaghetti strap! I love how Caroline wore a t-shirt under a sleeveless dress! I may have to try that I'd never thought of that! I also love how she added a pop of color to her outfit with her shoes!
    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Lexi's outfits! So cute. Especially the first. :) Glad to see Friends Of Fresh Modest back up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting one of my outfits, Olivia! :-) I'm glad you found a pair of shoes that you liked when you started looking for some like mine! :-) I like yours, too!

    ~Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice outfits! Good job ladies! ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Olivia, for featuring me, again!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where are you fro Olivia? Im do happy to find this blog. Thank you for your modesty fashion tips :)

    May

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!