So, my awesomes:
- Getting the Wide Waistband Skirt eBook and website done!! This took the first two weeks of my break. Seriously, 2 Fridays ago I stayed up all but 2 hours of the night working. And the rest of the week was at least 18 hour work days. My family was so awesome to give me that much time and they really supported my efforts. It would not be done without them.
- The Lessons and Carols service our church put on. It was so beautiful with strings, brass, woodwind, an ensemble, children's choir, and congregational singing. Great time of fellowship afterwards as well with the guests who attended.
- Spending time with my family on Christmas. It was great to just forget about getting anything done (although I did work on my dress) and spend forever opening gifts, eating, and napping in front of the fire with my family around.
- My dress turning out! My parents were kind enough to let me receive my Christmas gift (a dress form!) early so I would have time to work on it. Can't wait to post it on my sewing blog.
- The weird nauseous bug my family got not being worse than it was. I was so worried I was going to miss the wedding.
- The wedding! Such a flurry of emotions and activity! I was so honored to be on the "inside" as back-up photographer and general help. This was kind of a huge deal for me because I've been to less than one-hand's worth of weddings in my life and I so enjoyed experiencing it all. I think the bride was calmer than me, ha. Walmart runs in an unfamiliar town driving an unfamiliar car wearing a fancy dress and heels, while it rained. Getting to hang out with the bride and her family. Checking in on my sister who was mostly in charge of the reception. Talking with out-of-town acquaintances and enjoying the company of old friends. Long car rides with besties. A God-honoring ceremony, crying, and happiness.
(Sneak peek of the back of my dress. The bride was the third generation to wear this wedding dress!)
- A pizza party after the wedding! (They made us GF!) It was great to eat a hearty meal (does anyone ever eat before a wedding?) and catch up with visitors.
- And, after the pizza party, coming home, putting on a pot of tea, changing into jeans, and having a living room full of friends watch The Tourist with you beside a roaring fire. Eating chocolate and popcorn. The perfect ending to an amazzzzing day.
- Taking time to hang with friends when you really don't have it.
- The Bride and Groom coming to church before they left for their honeymoon and move far away. Sobbing ensued during goodbye, and continued for me through the day. So thankful for such awesome friendships.
- And, same day, just in time to cheer me up after our lunch and Taboo playing guests left, my three bestest friends from back home in WV arrived! You know the expression "Life's a Party"? It seriously was. If we weren't dancing around, singing, laughing, sharing stories, or wearing Mexican hats, we were hugging and soaking in every moment. It was a fabulous 4 days. We like photoshoots, since Rachel is the world's most awesome photographer.
Speaking of sisters.
I thank y'all so much for the major support and encouragement you've been, even during the break. I hope to resume my normal blogging schedule (Posts on Monday, sometimes Thrusday, and Friends of Fresh Modesty Friday) this week, but with this flu and having some more catch up to play, we'll see.
Alright, now, I want to hear how y'allve been this month?