Hey y'all! I hope you've enjoyed this week as much as I have! It's a bit nippy out today, but I'm cozy here in front of the fire now. I love doing awkward and awesomes.
- Getting a free adjustment and massage at the chiropractor's for helping with tornado clean up. Love small towns.
- The Discovering Music DVDs we've been watching. Such fascinating stuff.
- The huge box of perfectly ripe avocados that means I've had guacamole, chips, and sliced peppers for lunch nearly every day for a week without having to feel guilty for eating the "expensive" fruit. ;)
- Grace to push through sickness to get done what has to get done.
- The sermon this past week that has sustained me and encouraged me during the rough patches this week. Still going on the momentum.
- That after 5.5 hours and at least 5 miles of searching thorny, woody, steep hills (and much trespassing, ha) in the cold, we finally found our three cows and were easily able to get them home.
- Burning our Christmas tree with friends. Diesel was involved.
- My momma! And the ice cream and cake we had in honor of her birthday. ;)
- A quote of a quote that someone said during a discussion on finding a spouse on Sunday: "Run your race towards Jesus, then look beside you and see who's running too."
- Finishing the majority of the project for my dad that has been like a full-time job for weeks now.
- Decorating gingerbread houses with the kids! It's our Valentine's Day tradition. :)
- The limping I've been doing today because of a super pulled muscle that happened during our cow escapade yesterday. I have to use my arm to lift my right leg going up the stairs. It's ridiculous.
- Being in a rush to head out the door, but knowing you need snack food, so you dump 2 dozen cookies into a half-filled Costco-sized bag of tortilla chips and throw that on the car console. Reach in to get a chip, and out comes a cookie. Not a bad system. ;)
- Climbing over a fence at the top of a super steep hill, eating a carrot. You start sliding down, shove the carrot in your mouth so you have two hands, and accidentally chew the nasty dirty bitter carrot top.
- Finding the kids shooting air soft BBs in the house. (With parental approval and supervision, but still.)
- Being so physically tired last night that I couldn't scroll through Pinterest on my phone, while laying down in bed. 9:30 asleep time best thing ever.
- Trying not to be a back-seat driver with your younger sister driving. My personal mix of comments ranges from my dad, "Yeah, next time let's stop at that stop sign..." to my mom, "Up here, you're gonna want to start breaking. BREAK. DID you see that car?? Speed limit is 25. Watch your wheel." :D
- Three-year-olds' logic: Jo: I want a tookie. Me: Not right now. J: I'll take da tookie to a RAT. O: A rat? Do rats like cookies? J: Rats lite tookies and dey EAT DEM. Rats are yittle. *head nod* I yittle! Yittle tings lite tookies. O: So I should give you a cookie because rats like cookies? J: YUP! *violent head nod*
- Buying and carrying a 50lbs of potatoes from Save-A-Lot. "Just me... walking through the parking lot on a sunny day... bear hugging a bag of spuds half my height..."
Shirt: Thrift store ($3) (I'm guessing)
Cardigan: Forever 21 ($8)
Skirt: Charity Shop ($5 max)
Tennis shoes that thankfully you can't see with this skirt: Payless. ($15) I'm wearing them today because of my pulled muscle. I need support. ;)
Earrings: Charity Shop ($1.50)
Also wearing a nude tank from F21 ($3) to keep me warmer. :)
What's been awesome or awkward about your week? I LOVE reading your responses! So funny sometimes. :)