Friday, February 22, 2013

Friends of Fresh Modesty: Elina and Liza!

Hey y'all! Yes, finally, a FoFM post! I'm sorry it's been so long-- I so enjoy these posts, I just haven't gotten my act together very well recently!
Today, however, we have two great submissions... and from sisters! They submitted their outfits months apart (that's how disorganized I am), but both chose to wear a super versatile gray knit skirt. I love how they each styled it, and thought y'all might like to see some "keys" to wearing such a piece!


Elina, on the left, has this styled perfectly for winter. She's got her warm boots and thick collar. As many of us are dreaming about spring,  there's still snow swirling outside. I think it's important to stay inspired with winter outfits through at least March lest we grow discontent only looking at spring fashions! She has her hair pulled back in a sleek, sophisticated way that compliments the chunky sweater well. Simple button earrings complete her look. Notice how she has a shirt poking out and giving some contrast between her sweater and skirt. This helps keep things flattering instead of frumpy!

Liza, on the right, shows us a little more of a spring (or southern winter ;)) styling. (Although she sent it for fall- ha!) A simple colorful cardigan in a perfect accent color to the gray takes this skirt from season to season. She also has boots, but instead of for warmth in the snow, these could be for splashing through puddles. She lightened up the gray and burnt orange (or brown?) with a lighter gray and tan layering combo, and tied the whole thing in a pretty bow with the patterned scarf. Notice how the boots end before the hem of her skirt begins-- the little bit of legging (instead of bare skin or another accent color, which would kind of break up the eye-flow that the black provides) makes the look extra flattering.

Now here's what the girls have to say, albeit a little outdated:
 Hi friends of Fresh Modesty!!! My name is Elina, and I am a 13 year old girl living in PA.  My one goal in life is to be Christ's servant and learn more about Him everyday!!! I enjoy:
photography, blogging, running, reading, drinking tea, and being homeschooled!!!
I wore this outfit to church and since in PA it's beginning to really feel like fall I decided to wear the sweater for cuteness and for warmth.
Sweater: Salvation Army [Similar to Goodwill]
Shirt [underneather sweater]: Old Navy

Skirt: Old Navy
Leggings: Target
Boots: Shoe Carnival [The store name, not a carnival for shoes. :)]
Earrings: Gift
~~*~~


Hi I'm Liza and I am 15 years old, I live with my family in Pennsylvania, and my mom home schools me and my sister!
I love painting with watercolors, sewing (if my things turn out ;), and learning more about Jesus! I also really like photography, fashion, and vintage things!

The thing that I love about this outfit is that it was so comfy! The skirt is a nice stretchy material, and so was the shirt, but not to stretchy that everything was hanging. The tan tank was a nice touch to the outfit, because it separated the gray shirt from the gray skirt! It was a nice breezy September day, so the little brown cardigan was a perfect touch, and it kept me somewhat warmer! And the scarf just added a bit of color to the whole outfit, and also because I love wearing scarves in the fall/winter! I blog over at The Daily Buzz- www.dailybuzzbuzz.blogspot.com, I blog about everything from recipes, to photography, outfits, and everything in between!

Where the clothes came from: 
Scarf-made by me 
Cardigan- Forever 21
Shirt- Salvation Army

Tank- gift
Skirt- Old Navy
Tights- ?
Boots- Payless
~~*~~
 Aren't these great outfits? I'm a huge fan of versatile pieces, and these sisters proved that a gray knit skirt can be a great one! Blessings, y'all!

Pin It


17 comments :

  1. I have that same skirt, and I love it!! Great outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these outfits, especially the scarf that Liza is wearing. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My, I do believe I know Elina and Liza!
    If I am right we go to the same choir! :)
    I love both outfits.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathleen! And you are right! See ya Monday :)!

      Delete
  4. Liza looks adorable. :) Liza, you look very pretty and classy. :) It's a good, flattering outfit with a pop of color. I have that skirt in black. :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Those are the best modest outfits I've seen in a while!

    ~Aspirer
    www.heavenly-aspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful idea's and I love that they happened to give two idea's of pairing other colors and styles with a gray skirt - lovely! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these are awesome! I really like Lizzie's style, but Elina has taste! Good job girls! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for explaining how/ why things work, so that i can use the techniques even when i don't have the specific pieces.

    Great outfits!!!!

    ~Cosette www.b-radiant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Liza's outfit! It is very close to my style.. Only I would probably wear different colors (I don't suit fall colors). :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute-both! Thanks for sharing, Olivia!
    Great outfits ladies!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a skirt super similar to those!!! :) I LOVE Liza's outfit, the cardigan is awesome! LOve the color! And I love Elina's sweater!
    Kalin from http://modestyismypolicy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute, classy outfits! Maybe I need to find a gray knit skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both outfits are really cute...I have a little preference for Liza's since I own an orange cardi looking a lot like hers ! I also love the way they're wearing their boots (what you're saying about the colors of the tights/leggings is really important !)...I'll now try to find some grey knit to make myself a skirt similar to this one ;-)
    have a blessed sunday Olivia
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute! I especially love that they are homeschooled! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these looks! I just found your blog so I will be catching up. I'm not Christian, but I see we both love modesty ;).

    ReplyDelete

I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!