- Deciding to act on your craving and make yourself a pan of healthy brownies at 10:30 pm. When they're done, you carry your plate and cup of milk up to eat them in your warm bed; but, being the last one awake, you turn out the lights as you walk to your room. Your bedroom door is closed, so you try to balance your phone, its charger, your plate, a water bottle, and a full cup of milk in one hand so you can open it... and... well, bang into the door frame in the dark spilling milk on the floor.
- Meaning to send 20 seconds of an embarrassing video to someone, and then freaking out (I use the term loosely, it was more of a facepalm. :P) thinking you accidentally sent the whole thing.
- The hill we had to climb to get to the train bridge on Sunday. So steep and unsteady... good thing we're not afraid of dirt!
- How addicted I am to drinking water with asorbic acid (vitamin C), baking soda, and lemon oil in it. At least 75 oz a day for weeks now... I feel aweesome and can't wake up or go to sleep without it.
- Taking our trash to the dumpster down the road and wishing the grumpy little man who watches it a good day. He replied with "Alright" in such a way that he might as well have said, "No, you can't make me." :-/ He helped me with my bags though. :)
- Driving a really beat up truck that everyone stares at. Nothing like driving down the highway with your duck tape flowing in the wind!
- The following picture my brother took:
- SUNSHINE! The last two days have been over 70* outside with an amazing breeze and glorious sunshine. I sat out on the balcony to fold our laundry because I just couldn't stay inside.
- Making homemade natural deodorant! I followed this recipe pretty closely, and it is amazing. Works waaay better for me than conventional and especially natural stuff, smells great, and doesn't leave residue all over my clothes. Did you know armpit stains actually come from the aluminum in deodorant? Who knew? Hopefully my pretty summer clothes will last longer now! Best part? It took me about 10 minutes and cost about $1 for a normal sized stick. Um, yay!
- While I had my shea butter out (bought Organic Shea Butteron Amazon for a great price and I've been putting it in everything! Love it!), I made some Body Butter from this recipe. It's so amazing. Perfect in-container consistency, melts quick for easy application, smells great (although I don't remember what essential oils I did, ha), and soaks right in, but moisturizes all day. I'm hooked on making natural stuff!
- Knowing folks long enough for "Remember when?"s. Memories are awesome things to have and looking back at them extends their enjoyment value! :)
- Brittney at Happily Domestic wrote my Denim eBook the sweetest review yesterday!
- Finally deciding our family will be attending the Family Economics Conference in St. Louis in May! Anyone else going? I'd love to meet you!
Shirt: Kohl's (Free, a friend gave me a $10 coupon!)
Tank: JCP, ($6)
Earrings: Charity Shop, ($1.50)This outfit is characteristic of how I dress for most lazy summer days. Comfortable, slimming denim skirt, t-shirt with tank, and long/big earrings. Simple, versatile, and fuss-free. :)
Lots of y'all have been asking when Friends of Fresh Modesty is going to come back. I've been sent some lovely entries and I really want to share them with you! Unfortunately things here at home are crazy right now and my computer time is sporadic to say the least. So, it'll be back at some point (maybe in a few weeks), but right now I'm not able to make time for it. So sorry!
Along those same lines, I am waaaaay behind in replying to emails and I sincerely apologize. Y'all are so kind to bless me with kind words and great questions and I have neglected to get back to many of you. I really try to reply to every email, but sometimes it takes me a month or two. :-/
Also, a ton of you asked what pattern I used and where I got my fabric for my chevron skirt. I have a post for Eager Hands in the works with details, but to answer your questions now: Pattern was the skirt pattern from my eBook altered a little, with a yoga waistband. Fabric I ordered from Girl Charlee-- it was a lightish weight cotton jersey knit blend. If you're looking for knit fabric, Girl Charlee is your place to go!
Okay, I've gotta get back to cleaning now-- our vacuum broke and it makes things a little difficult! :P Y'all have an awesome day tomorrow! Lord willing I'll see you Monday!