- Posing for these pictures in CVS's parking lot with a guy friend nearby. Makes you look full of yourself to ask a girlfriend to snap pictures as fast as the paparazzi as you twirl and spin in a bedraggled outfit. Girls understand. Guys don't.
- Strenuously reaching for something in the top of the cabinet and accidentally knocking a bag of goldfish crackers down and it falls hard into a soaking-full-of-water-so-its-easier-to-clean burnt pot of chili, splashing nasty greasy red water allll over your face and outfit.
- Spending more on your Starbucks drink in the morning than you do on your grilled chicken nuggets and fries at ChickFilA for lunch.
- Arriving at the wedding in an unfamiliar town half an hour early only to discover the bathroom line was quite long and you and a friend needed to change into your dresses. So you take off driving in your big ol' van looking for a place to change, ending up 5 miles (aka 15 minutes) down the road at Dairy Queen. If anyone stared at you as you carried heels and garment bags into the restroom, you didn't notice. Managing to change in about 3 minutes, you rush back to the wedding, arriving just in time.
- As you rush in to get seated at the wedding, you're a bit flustered and uncoordinated, having just run through the rainy snow in heels, You try to step over your friend and her husband's feet as you get to your seat, but there's an arrangement along the aisle you don't want to knock down, so you over compensate, loudly scooch a chair, and still end up with grass sheds on your dress. And hope the video cameras weren't rolling yet.
- Having conversations with guys and girls you've never really talked to about bathrooms and it actually being entertaining, informative, and lively.
- People making references to hilarious conversations you had while you were highly fevered and not remembering what happened until they were laughing at you for being so out of it.
- Getting home from some friends' house and realizing you've had a fever for like 4 hours. Oopths.
- Someone telling you, "You're gonna get stuck if you drive there" but you go anyway and they have to pull you out. And then they won't let you forget it for at least two weeks.
- Realizing that you haven't vacuumed the cab of your truck out since December... 2011.
- Walking around The Factory at Franklin with good friends, just hanging out like old times. You know, the times we had four months ago before one of us got married and moved away. :P
- How much a part of my life humor and laughter is. I must spend at least an hour a day busting a gut.
- How quickly I'm healing! I had a friend come down with this same illness 24 hours before me and he's had it pretty bad and longer. Also thankful for a family who nurses me well as I lay in bed for 48 hours, and makes me chocolate eclairs. :D
- Cleaning and rearranging our loft so I could spread out my sewing stuff and actually get some work done without having to turn the lights out so my sisters can sleep like I've been doing in our bedroom. Y'all may not know this, but my Navy Lace Dress was made 75% by single lamp and sewing machine light. :P I've been able to make two new maxi skirts (this one and a simple black one) that I hope to post about on my sewing blog soon.
- Beautiful weddings. The colors were like a gunmetal gray, dark purple, and a greeny yellow with lots of natural elements. It was so well done, but not ostentatious. The fellowship and food were great, the dancing fun, and the atmosphere delightful. :)
- A friend who will pick up you and the three littlest siblings under your charge and take y'all on her errands with her just so you can spend an hour or so together.
- Looking through past journal entries, blog posts, and photos, remembering the crazy times you've had. Laughing with sisters about how insane you were to take on so much at once and shaking your head at how young everyone looks. "Days go by/ I can feel 'em flying/ like my hand out the window in the wind/"
- Timing my quilts to be done drying just before I go to bed so I carry them straight from the dryer to my bed and climb under the warmth. :) It's fabulous.
- Passing 800 followers this evening. "This is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in my eyes" is about all I can say.
Jacket: Old Navy
Undershirt: Thrift store
Skirt: Made by me
Jewelry all gifts. :)
Y'all have an awesome day! What's been awkward or awesome about your week?