Friday, April 12, 2013

Friends of Fresh Modesty: Theresa!

Happy Friday y'all! I hope you've had a fabulous week! How do you like the new blog look?
I have an aweeesome outfit to share with you today! Theresa sent me this and I instantly fell in love! It looks like the perfect spring outfit! The monochromatic look is so classy and as she says, the necklace ties it all together beautifully (and she made them- wow!)! Her hairstyle is simple and elegant, but youthful and fun. Her little earrings are perfect for her age, too, and she looks like she knows how to carry herself. I'm gonna be quiet now ;) and let Theresa speak for herself:


You know those crazy girls that are like the oldest of 7 kids, they wear mostly skirts, are homeschooled and Christian? Yup.  That’s me!  My name is Theresa, and I’ve been alive for 15 wonderful years.  I enjoy doing living history events (who knew school could be so fun?), sewing, cooking (yum:D), cake decorating, photography, singing, writing, crocheting, and sharing the love and light of Jesus at one of the local abortion clinics here in Charlotte.  I’ve just recently started a blog http://themoderndayholocaust.blogspot.com/ [caution: graphic images] with a  friend who ministers at the abortion clinic with us.  If you’d like to check it out that would be great!



My favorite part of this outfit is the black dress.  it’s just so plain, simple and easy!  It’s not too short, the neckline isn’t low, the tank straps are wide- it’s like the perfect little black dress! (and it was on saleJ)  With a dress like this you can make a lot of different outfits; dressy or casual or in-between.  My next favorite is probably the boots.  I like the boots with everything, but I really like them with this dress.  The color of the boots is so cool, they aren’t just your average brown leather boots.  And they are comfortable too.  I’ve climbed a mountain in those boots and I didn’t even get a blister!  I think the necklace ties the look together with a little bit of color.   Black, brown, and beige are nice colors but sort of on the drab side.  The Twirly Bird (what I call my necklace) gives a drab outfit some pop.  It’s a little on the “vintage” side, which I kinda like.  I love getting so see all the wonderful outfits on Fresh Modesty, and it just could have been ya’lls inspiration that led me to put this outfit together :D  Thanks Olivia!


Dress-Old Navy
Shrug-a hand-me-down from a nice lady at church
Tights-thrift store
Boots-Old Navy
Earrings- Dress Barn
Necklaces- made by me


Thank you so much for sharing, Theresa! If you'd like to check out previous Friends of Fresh Modesty posts, here is a link! Also, if you'd like to submit to be featured on a future FoFM post, check out this post for guidelines!
Blessings on your weekend! I'm spending tonight and tomorrow at a "Living as The Church" conference in Brentwood, TN that we heard about last week. Here's a link if you're in the area!

Pin It


20 comments :

  1. Love, Love, Love the outfit!! So modest yet stylish at the same time!!! :)
    Loving your blog by the way!!

    Sara-Jayne <3
    growingingodsimage.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Theresa! I really like your outfit! The boots are the perfect color to go with that dress, and your necklaces are amazing!

    Brigid
    The Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't allow me to see the pictures

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I can't see the pictures...... Maybe it's a problem on my end, but just so you know. Maybe it can be easily fixed!

    Really love your blog, and I get many inspirations from it!

    Thanks!
    Sari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for letting me know. I was trying a new photo hosting option... and apparently it didn't work. :P Should be fixed now.

      Delete
    2. Thanks! I really LOVE the outfit!!!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful outfit, Theresa! I like your hairstyle too. :)
    Tall boots add such class to those shorter length dresses.
    By the way, that necklace is adorbes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very lovely! Thank you for highlighting her. I just joined her brave blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the new look! Some of the text is a little grainy looking, but my desktop isn't exactly fantastic, so it could just be me. :)
    Kalin from Modestyismypolicy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks good; I love the new design! I agree with Kalin, the text looks "grainy" and a little fuzzy but my computer is pretty old too and doesn't display everything correctly. :) Have a great day!

      -Irene

      Delete
  8. Great outfit! Love that necklace, you're very talented, Theresa!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this outfit!! The combination of neutral colors looks great in this outfit, and the cowboy boots are just awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty outfit! Love the necklaces! so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look Beautiful!! You appear to be a very well rounded young lady Theresa!
    I love the dress and the sweater! I need a sweater like that :-) Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, the outfit is so cool! I love the dress! And you did a good job on your necklace Theresa! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous! Love the colors and the pieces :) I'm a 15 year old, homeschooling Christian as well and really enjoy these kind of blogs! I adore your necklace as well - very pretty!
    - Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the necklace! Great job! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, sorry it took me so long to comment-we had a huge civil war re-enactment this past weekend and I've been knocked out flat :P I just wanted to say thank you to everybody for you're super sweet comments, wow! and I cannot believe how many of you looked at my blog....my friend Kaitlin told me on Friday "hey, we had 500 page views yesterday morning, and we have 1,370 now!" so cool! I'm trying to look through all of your blogs as well...but it is taking me a while :D But thank you all and thanks Olivia!

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome! I love Theresa's hairdo! And wow...I was not that involved in life, mature, or accomplished at fifteen! I admire her for that! :D

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!