Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Wedding Trip

Hey y'all! I hope you had an amazing weekend-- I sure did! I decided to show ya'll everything I packed for the trip I took with two of my bestest friends. I always lay my clothes out like this to make sure I've thought through everything:
The weekend's activities included an 8 hour trip up into colder weather, quick change and then to a rehearsal and dinner, an afternoon wedding where we were the photographers, church, and then, without changing, a rushed 7.5 hour trip home to make it to a going away party.

I was so excited because I thought I was able to fit everything I needed (all that's on the bed plus my makeup, straightener, and another pair of shoes) into my new backpack, but then I realized I had forgotten PJ's. :-/ So, I had to expand into another tote and was able to take an extra sweater, too, which I was thankful for. :)

 I totally forgot to get outfit pictures while I was there, so as I was unpacking this evening I threw the clothes back on real quick to show y'all. Unfortunately it got dark as I was taking pictures, so you'll have to forgive the quality.
 This is the outfit I wore Friday in the car. It was perfectly comfortable! I wish I had put a pair of leggings in my travel bag though, because when we got north it was less than 40* and my legs kind of froze. 
Shirt: Kohl's (free)
Tank: JCPenny's ($3)
Skirt: Knit maxi I sewed myself ($15)
Flip Flops: Sears ($8)

This is a picture a friend snapped of another friend and I as we all took turns testing out camera settings before the rehearsal. I had changed my outer shirt and shoes, and put on a belt and black jacket to dress up a little and freshen up after traveling. 
Shirt: Our Thrift Store ($3.50)
Jacket: F21 ($8)
Belt: Thrift store ($0.50)
Shoes: Thrift store ($2)

(attempting to recreate the activities I did in these outfits by my poses... yes, they're silly! This first one I wanted a camera as a prop, since that's what I did in this outfit... but my camera was taking the picture. :P)
Saturday I wore my black twill skirt, brown heeled boots, and a shirt I made last week. It was super comfortable (well, maybe not the shoes...) and practical. I had no reservations climbing on top of a van to get a better angle. :P With tights, it was perfect temperature-wise for the sunny 55* day. I started off the morning wearing the denim jacket and sparkley scarf, too, though. 
Shirt and skirt: Made by me ($6 and $7)
Boots: Shoe Carnival ($30)

(It's a driving pose-- can't you tell?! ;) This is what I wore for 18 hours on Sunday- church, traveling, party, hanging out-- it was comfortable for all of it, although I did take off my hose and change into flip flops once we got back to the good ol' south. This skirt I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of on the blog. I added lace to the hem this week and I am totally in love with it! 
Shirt: F21 ($12)
Tank: JCPenny's ($6)
Skirt: Made be me (free?)
Boots: Shoe Carnival ($30)

I thought I'd share one of my quick favs from the wedding for all you who enjoy photography. I've never really been "into" it, but I'm glad I was able to use my little experience to capture this family's memories. Lots of photo editing ahead for us! Alright-- I've got chores to get back to! Y'all have a great day! 

Any trip-packing tips?
Pin It


27 comments :

  1. Such cute outfits! Love the wedding picture, so pretty!
    Kalin from Modestyismypolicy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lace, and that is a great wedding photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the last outfit! you are so cute! and the photo of the wedding, woah. that's gorgeous! I'd love to see the rest once you edit them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfits! And I love that last picture of the wedding!

    ~Vicki
    Decked Out in Ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wedding photo! (My husband and were married last fall and we had birdseed too - it got everywhere! :) Your outfits are always so cute Olivia, the lace on that skirt is just perfect, makes it go from a plain skirt to one with statement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the lace on the skirt in the last outfit too! It was fun to see what you packed and go through each outfit with you. I enjoy packing posts on blogs. :)

    God bless,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. such pretty outfits!! :) the lace on the hem is really cute ~ you're so creative! :)

    hmm... trip-packing tips... well, I like to lay out the clothes on my bed, too! also, I like to make a list of everything I need, then check it off once I've packed it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry, no trip packing tips. I think however,I am going to use your technique of laying everything out on my bed. That would definitely help me so I don't end up forgetting things like; socks, belts, or t-shirts. Nice outfits though. I really like the maxi skirt and the black and white square shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all your outfits, and that's cool that you went to a wedding! Cool memory pic as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could you share more of the wedding pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute outfits! I travel quite frequently, since I go to Canada every year (I live in Delaware). I always try to take some of my favorite things, along with versatile clothing items ex.white tees that can be worn with different colored belts. Thanks for the idea of laying the outfit out on the bed first!
    -Jenny <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those outfits ! And your latest creations are so beautiful ! I can't wait for you to update your sewing blog !
    Have a fantastic day !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your hair is beautiful! Do you curl the ends to make them so pretty, or is that natural?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! I've been curling the ends with a flat iron lately.

      Delete
  14. Cute outfits, Olivia! Looks like you had a great time!
    That last photo of the wedding is so awesome!
    As for packing tips-don't really have any! I'm horrible at packing! I always pack way more than I need and get super stressed out thinking I'll forget something! LOL! Oh, actually I do have one! Always try on the outfit combinations before you pack them! Genius-no? LOL! JK!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice outfits Olivia! And great pics too! I hope you had a great time! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. You should do a tutorial on how you made the black and white striped shirt. It's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Probably my best packing tip would be to roll clothes into tight cylinders rather than folding or squashing. Also if possible, wear your bulkiest shoes rather than pack them so they don't take up space in your bag. And thirdly, take a pack of make-up up wipes rather than a bottle of make up remover - quicker and less chance of spilling in your bag.

    I've been reading back through your old blog entries and I still haven't got the first one! It's been keeping me entertained and encouraging me spiritually too, so thanks very much for that!

    -Esther

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have packed two weeks worth of clothes into a carry-on before! It was a challenge, but I managed! I literally COVERED my twin bed with stuff ( and it was all folded neatly! )...14 tops, 8 skirts ( many of them denim ), a dress, a jacket, a sweatshirt, pjs, personal items ( such as toiletries and underclothes ), a pair of shoes, and several pairs of flip-flops.

    My accomplishments were based on the fact that I rolled my shirts ( and even my undies! ) TIGHT ( but not my satin blouses ) and then put tape around them to hold. I stuffed things like socks in my shoes. I rolled or tightly folded my skirts. My shoes were also put in plastic bags to not smell up my clothes or get them dirty.

    The craziest thing? I didn't even end up wearing everything!!! :D Wish I could somehow put the pics I have with my comment. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OH! And most important, make a list! Write what you want to take, then write down what you take for sure. Bring it with you! That way, you can be sure you have everything when you pack up to go home. Nothing worse than leaving behind your favorite scarf in a different state ( or even country! ).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are you making a tutorial for the black and white shirt?

    Blessings! Irene

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the outfits and loved seeing your pictures!

    I didn't know you were going to the McDonald's wedding! http://yoursacredcalling.com/blog/2013/04/the-wedding-day/

    ReplyDelete
  22. PACKING TRIP IDEA:

    Hi Olivia, It's Hannah over here, here is a few ideas for packing for a trip {I just came back from one} If you are more than one night, you can take your clothes, and roll them into a roll {like you were making cinnamon rolls, or a hotdog} roll it tightly, it is a less way to have wrinkles AND it helpes you fit MORE into one suitcase! That is what my family does, it and works! That is just an idea and also if you pack your shoes, pretend it was in a small, narrow shoebox.

    Have Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Whenever I am packing clothes to go somewhere, at the last minute I remember that I need PJ's. I don't know why I always forget... :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. BEAUTIFUL picture of the bride and groom! Just at the perfect moment, too! Also, great, practical, lovely, comfy-looking outfits! :)

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!