Friday, July 5, 2013

Friends of Fresh Modesty: Janelle and Trisha

Hey y'all! I've been totally out of it this week thanks to a cold, but I have some great modest outfits to share that my readers have sent in! Both are easy looks to do with denim skirts. Love the flowy top with the fitted skirt in this first one!

 Hi I'm Janelle, from New Zealand... yes that little country next to Australia. ;)  I am 22 and the oldest daughter of eight siblings.  We have always homeschooled which was a real blessing, and we live on a property of 25 acres in the country.  I work on pasture-raised dairy farms in the neighbourhood and run my own sheep, cows and chickens on our property... yes I am the only country kid in the family! :)  It's a great lifestyle and I feel that when I work in God's creation I am always fulfilled spiritually.  But even though I love working hard and getting dirty, I also loooove fashion and dressing up girly!  I'm a bargain hunter so most items I buy are from second hand stores or are on clearance ($10-15 max).  With this outfit only the denim skirt is second hand, but I won't list wear I got everything else as you won't know any of the shops I'm talking about here in NZ :)  I really like the casual mix of country and style together... I don't wear much jewellery but I like to wear earrings with my outfits.  Oh and in NZ it is Autumn at the moment so we get to pull out all the scarves and boots at last, so much more fun accessorizing!  Hope you all have fun getting ready for summer!  Thanks for reading :)
~~*~~
 
 And pink is always great with denim, as Trisha shows us!


Everything except the blouse came from Goodwill.  The blouse came from Fashion Bug. 

I'm a 25 year old stay at home mom to 2 beautiful kids!  I sew, garden, and will be starting home school this fall.  Home schooling my children will be a challenging experience because I was not home schooled.  I was raised in a conservative Christian family, so I am used to dressing modestly, but it is encouraging to see what ideas other young ladies have.  I am a tomboy, so I usually wear a long, full skirt which allows me to do farm chores, ride a quad or horse, or play ball while still being modest.  Modesty can be beautiful! 


Thanks, ladies, for your submissions! If you'd like to submit an outfit for Friends of Fresh Modesty, see this post. According to my little label counter, I have 48 posts with denim skirts in them... if you'd like to scroll through, here's a link! :)
Y'all have a fabulous day!

Pin It


16 comments :

  1. Janelle: Cute! You are making me dream of fall with that scarf and those booties!

    Trisha: Love the print on that blouse! Is that bit on the side of your skirt a big pocket? If so, it's officially my favorite denim skirt ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are both beautiful outfits! Great job girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janelle: We live in NZ too! I love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sayna, fancy there being other NZ'ers on this site :) Thanks for your comment!

      Delete
  4. Ooooo! I really like both of these outfits! I wear a lot of denim skirts, so I love seeing new ideas!

    <3Hannah

    http://whatsoever-is-lovely.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the outfits! They're great! :D
    Do these lovely ladies have a blog? I'd love to read more from them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a blog, but you all can check out my etsy store to see my work. it's http://www.etsy.com/shop/ReDreamJean Thanks Olivia! I love your blog!!

      Delete
    2. Hey I don't have a blog either but you can email me - countrygirlnz@gmail.com if you wish :) I'm pretty busy tho so might take time before I can respond! But it would be great to hear from other like minded girls!

      Delete
  6. I do like that Janelle's wearing tights, such a cute touch to the outfit! And Trisha's shirt is amazing!



    Check out my blog design work at Yellow Blog
    Cheap Fashion is Chic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear from someone in NZ, thanks Janelle!
    Your fellow Kiwi,
    Rhoda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Janelle's outfit! Belts don't seem to work for me because I don't have much of a waist. any one else have this problem? Slightly fitted tops with princess seams seem to be the most flattering look for my body type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is wearing the belt on her hips rather than at her natural waistline. I'm not sure how a belt would do on you at the hips.

      I do agree that belts worn at the waist don't flatter someone who doesn't have a defined waist. You need some more curve for that to look right

      Delete
  9. New Zealand is my number one place to visit. I so badly want to go there someday. It's BEAUTIFUL. Plus it's where a good deal of the Narnia and Lord of the Rings movies were filmed, plus I'm sure some other favorites because I've recognized the landscape from Narnia in other films.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Janelle's scarf and I love Trisha's shirt. Beautiful girls, great job! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great post! Thanks to both of you! It is so wonderful to see this great blog reach so many!It is amazing to see even to New Zealand.Wow! So encouraging!
    Many blessings!
    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  12. Interesting coincidence my name is Janell as well (spelled differently obviously), and I'm 22, though I'm the 6th of 7 children. Interesting because I don't come across that name very often and certainly nobody that was my age before.

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!