Saturday, August 17, 2013

Friends of Fresh Modesty: Rachel and Jemima

Hey y'all! I hope you've had a fabulous week! I wanted to share with you some really adorable little fashionistas this week! Their mother, Tricia, is a friend of mine from when I was her little girl Rachel's age. She recently started a blog for encouraging cute, affordable fashion among the tiniest of us, "Lil' People Fashion". 

This is Rachel, she's three. I love her Hawaiian outfit with the bright pops of pink.


Hi, everyone! I have three children, and I love dressing them!
  
I love their itty-bitty dresses and shorts and hats and scarves and hairbands and vests and colored tights and boots and flip-flops. If I could, I'm sure I'd be dressing them straight from the Old Navy shelves, or Target, Kohl's, Children's Place... You name the place? I've been there... at least online. ;)

Unfortunately, that would cost a lot of money. I'm all about cute and trendy and fashionable and modern (within reason), but I'm also all about saving money. So instead of shopping at the mall for my kids' clothes, you'll find me at yard sales, Goodwill, consignment stores, or--occasionally--clearance racks. 

I'm convinced that as a future homeschool mom, and a Christian, I have a great privilege--but also a big responsibility--to dress my children in a manner that will not only serve as a testimony to others (though I think that's important), but will honor the Creator of order and beauty. 
I read fashion blogs all the time (including Olivia's!) with the intention of gathering ideas on how *I* can dress, and that gave me the idea of starting a children's fashion blog. I started "Lil' People Fashion" with the hope that I could share inspiration with other moms, on how to dress YOUR lil' people in their best, without spending too much time or money! 

 This is Jemima, almost 2. I love her denim skirt with the little polkadot shoes. Perfect! And the bow. Wish I could pull that off!

I thought y'all might like to know that Tricia has a giveaway for a really really adorable onesie on her blog-- but she's only taking entries until Monday! So, go follow her and enter the giveaway! I read Lil' People Fashion to get ideas for my siblings and future children, and encouragement that second-hand clothing is where it's at! ;)


Y'all have an awesome day! I've gotta get back to washing dishes... it's cooking day around here! Blessings!

Pin It


9 comments :

  1. So adorable :)I love Jemima's shoes :)
    XXX,
    Dotty
    whimsicalramblingsdaydreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday was our cookie day (Saturday in NZ timezone) We baked 58 buns and made numerous whoopie pies and a huge pot of chicken soup. All eaten now after todays Church and Fellowship. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! They are clearly trendsetters in the making :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sooo...cute! thanks or sharing!
    ~Cassie
    calicclodhoppers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful little girls!

    Blessings to you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww!!! How adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are sweet, adorable, cute, and precious!

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!