- When you assure your mom you are NOT tired and can keep driving, but she can tell you really are because you're driving sloppy. :P
- Playing, "Barbie Princess and the Pauper" through the car speakers so your siblings can hear it in the backseat... so you have the songs stuck in your head for a week.
- When y'all try to help someone with a cut and end up super gluing their fingers together by accident... and then you have no remover to get it off with and your whole family is laughing so hard you're all unable to think about what to do. O.o
- Realizing that you have been drinking over 5 cups of milk a day... yay calcium?
- Grandparents who ask if you've "picked anyone out yet" to marry.
- Standing at some friends' sink washing their dishes at night. Outside the window girls go sneaking past playing some sort of game. They're looking at you smiling as they tiptoe, so you make weird faces at them to make them laugh. Each time they pass you make a different face. When the dishes are done, you turn around and a guy friend with an amused/confused look on his face asks what you were doing and you realize he could see your reflection in the window the whole time. :P
- Again washing dishes at a friends' house and you ask if they have a drying rag so you can dry the dishes. Your friend answers that "No, we don't handwash dishes much so we don't have one" to which you start elaborating, "You don't have any dishrags? Y'all seriously never handwash dishes?! What about pots? There are 10 of you, how can you possibly never do dishes!!" Then you realize you still need to dry the dripping dishes you just washed, "Well, do you have a dry one of these?!" (holds up washcloth) Which finally breaks through our miscommunication barrier and he says, "Oh, a towel. Yeah, we've got a ton of those. I thought you were saying dish rack not rag." and opens up the drawer filled with dishrags/towels/ whatever. :P A hilarious and awkward and unusually heated few minutes.
- Taking your 3 year old brother to the thrift store and before you can flip through two items on a rack he has climbed up through a round clothes' rack and has his head sticking out of the middle yelling, "Hey Olivia!! Look at me!"
- Hopping out of the car at a neighbor's house to return some bleach you borrowed last week. You unexpectedly see another friend's sweet little girl looking out their window so you wave all girlily at her- you know, twinkle fingers, cheesy "shy" smile- and then turn to say hi to the 18 year old guy you are returning the bleach to as you cross the yard. You see the freaked out look on his face and realize he thought you were waving at him. :P
- When your dogs don't listen to you.
- Chicken processing as a family. We only had 12 chickens to do this time (the other 68 we ordered died. O.o) so we decided to tackle it in our front yard instead of calling out the neighbors and making a party out of it like usual when there are 5 dozen to do. Problem was... we weren't quite sure what we were doing. Nothing like googling how to scald a chicken while holding it's dead feet. :P
- Getting into the swing of things with a new family schedule. This has me "officially" watching my 3 year old brother all afternoon, so instead of feeling like I need to get other stuff done, I've been spending time just playing with him or taking him on errands with me. Sometimes both, like when he says longingly as we pass the creek on our way to get milk, "I wiss we tould do to da creek again..." so you stop on your way back to dig in the rocks. We might have been in nice clothes, but it's just water, y'know?
- We stopped somewhere in Texas for dinner at "El Burrito". As usual, our family asks about cheese and gluten in pretty much everything on the menu. As we ordered, half the family said, "I'll take the such and such with no cheese." When we received our food, we asked the waitress to please take our picture with it. In his usual silly way, Daddy said, "Everyone say guacamole!" As she handed the camera back, the waitress said in her awesome Mexican accent, "You say guacamole because no person like cheese." Took us all a second to understand the joke, but we laughed really hard once we did. :D
- Although it was a sad occasion, a blessing of our trip to Texas was getting to go through my great aunt and great grandmother's closet for any clothes we wanted. My aunt was very stylish and I got few pieces that I know will get a lot of use and some fun ones for the dress-up box. :) Some things in there made us laugh and we had a great time playing "dress up" and figuring out some items from a by-gone era.
- Small-town shopping. I just love the accents, the well-worn clothes, the happy and honest faces. The pastor's wife who works at the grocery store and is always joyful. The guy at Rite Aid who always welcomes you to the store. The ladies at the thrift store who comment on what you buy. The friendly missing-teeth guy at the co-op who makes me laugh. The ladies at the bank who put up with me asking for cash in annoyingly small denominations and while I stand there I listen to the guy who has been Santa at the mall for 40 years tell some super sweet stories.
- Finally choosing a winner for the Deborah & Co giveaway! I've contacted the winner who happens to be my friend Delaney!
- Getting together to make fancy drinks and just hang out with friends because we can.
- Surprise birthday parties! Girl's night of nail painting, picture taking, hair chalking, fruit-loops eating, and Sweet Home Alabama watching.
- Spending all week preparing for my sisters' booths at the Franklin Farmer's Market tomorrow! If any of my readers are near Nashville, y'all should come out and see them! And maybe buy some of Emma's Gluten-Free Mixes and Droplette Handcrafted Jewelry! I've had such a good time sticking stickers, designing their booths, staying up laaaate, and painting the signs!
- Receiving a table/desk from my great grandmother that was kind of beat up, which meant I could paint and decorate it how I wanted! I removed the contact paper, sanded, spray painted (over doilies), sparkled, and glossed it to a happy piece of furniture that has gotten a ton of use already! I paired it in our room with a really pretty gold mirror from another grandmother so we can use it as a desk or a vanity! I filmed my curly hair video there. :)
My headband for this outfit is courtesty of Apple Blossoms, an Etsy shop y'all should check out! These sisters make cute headbands and bags and things! I've said this before; I have a really hard time wearing headbands because of headaches, but this one fits comfortably! I was able to wear it all day, which is huge. I was really glad, too, because this outfit made me happy. :)
on my sewing blog.
Shirt: SO! by Khol's: $3
Skirt: Made by me
Headband: Apple Blossoms
Flip flops: Sears? $9
And I finally filmed a hair curling tutorial for y'all! Sorry it's so long and awkward-- I ramble and I didn't have time for any re-dos. :D Hope that answers all your questions!
Alright, things are silly crazy around here getting ready for the market tomorrow-- see y'all Monday! What was awkward or awesome about your week?