Friday, November 29, 2013

ModeEsty.com Charcoal Maxi Review!

Hey y'all! I hope you've had a lovely Thanksgiving week! I have a very long overdue review to share with you! Eriko from ModeEsty.com sent me a huge box of things to share with y'all about a month ago and in the craziness of life I haven't had a chance until now. One of the things that slowed me down was the fact that my 15 year old sister (and photographer :)) has worn this skirt at least 4 days a week since it arrived! I had to put in a request for her to not wear it so I could finally get pictures. :D

This maxi skirt is amazing. I was concerned looking on the website that it would be too long (my 5'2" frame is swallowed in a lot of maxis) but with the fold over waistband it can be adjusted to be just the right length. It is thin(ish), but warm. Most maxi skirts are so thin that you have to wear a full slip with them, but for these pictures I only was wearing a knee-length one.

I am not one to advocate spending "a lot" on clothes, but I would have paid full price for this skirt had I known my sisters' and I would get so much use out of it. There are a lot of striped maxi skirts floating around in fashion these days, but I have not seen or felt one I love as much as this one.

The variations of computer screens may make this skirt look black and white, but it is really a lightish charcoal and oatmeal color. Some printed skirts like this are kind of crazy and hard to look at, but this skirt is simple and beautiful. Another thing I love about it is the slimming waistband. Sometimes fold-over waistbands are bulky, but this one is very nice.

 On the website the skirt looks kind of form-fitting, but it isn't at all. I ordered by my hip measurement, which gave me a large. ModeEsty.com is having a Black Friday Sale and this skirt is on sale! $24.00 until noon Saturday, November 30. :) They haven't paid me to advertise... just sent me this skirt and let it speak for itself. :)

Shirt: Sears? Target? JCPenny's? Khol's? I have no idea, lol, cause I got it on clearance and waited all year to wear it. :P $4
Skirt: c/o ModeEsty.com
Shoes: Shoe Carnival: Sperry's $75
Watch: eBay.com $4.50


ModeEsty.com has lots of other super cute, modest clothing items, including a simple black version of this skirt (I know when I posted a picture of my black knit maxi skirt several of you asked where you could get one- here's your answer!)  I'd encourage you to check them out! I also have some t-shirts and a sweater dress from them to review, so this won't be the last you'll hear of them. :) Eriko who runs the site is super sweet and has a real heart for this. Please go check out her site and enjoy shopping! Also check out and like their facebook page!



24 comments :

  1. Your shirt looks exactly like a few of mine that are Van Heusen brand! I think you can buy those at JCPenney or Sears. I have an outlet close by that I buy them from! My closet is stocked with their brand...super cute, comfy, yet modest tops that are classy yet not too fancy for everyday wear! Love your outfit

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this skirt! I would love to buy some maxis next summer.....striped would be awesome! I've seen a tie die one as well, but didn't get it. I wish I had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That maxi skirt is so cute! And it definitely sounds like y'all are getting a lot of use out of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I totally love your whole outfit!!! I love how you did your hair, btw. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful skirt! The Black Friday sale is so tempting but I have to finish Christmas shopping for my family first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this simple outfit especially the stripes (and ruffles and curls!) I wear stripes 99.8 % of the time, so it's awesome to see more ways to wear it. :) I nearly laughed reading about your sister wearing that skirt so much. It sounds like my sisters! One of them keeps wearing my one and only half tee (I had to request in order to wear it last week), and my younger sister swipes my leggings on a regular basis...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I really like this whole outfit ! The skirt is so cute ! I made myself a chevron maxi last summer (after being sooo inspired by the one you made !), but the knit is pretty thin and I can't wear it now that it's chilly ! So, I guess I'll go to the fabric store this afternoon and look for thicker striped knit to make myself a maxi like this one ;-)
    And the top is really cute too ! I love ruffles!
    I can't wait for more outfits ! Hope you find some time in your busy schedule ! Have a fantastic weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super nice Olivia! :) I love how maxis look put together and are oh, so comfy!
    I really like that watch!

    -Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this outfit! And your hair looks adorable!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic outfit, Olivia! Love that shirt!
    I'll have to check out that website! Your skirt is adorable!
    Natasha
    A Modest Fashion Blog:
    www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute! Love the maxi skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oohh, I really need to purchase a maxi skirt. Every modest fashion blogger says they are a must! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I LOVE that outfit.....I always loved these long, easy to wear skirts, and they look amazing on you! Thanks for the post!

    Ashley
    www.likenootherfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like that watch. I've seen similar ones on Etsy. I've just never bought one because i figured, judging by the price, it would be junky, and fall apart on its first outing... Just wondering, is it, or does it feel like it will last?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous!
    RANDOM QUESTION! What camera lens does your sister use to take your pictures?? I love everything about your blog! Congrats on inspiring tons of young ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the maxi skirt! Do you think I could make one out of t-shirt materiel?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing skirt! *Sigh* So lovely! And feminine!
    Blessings and bubbles,
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your skirt! It inspired me to make one. I found some black and charcoal grey striped fabric on sale and purchased it to make a maxi skirt. God bless you and keep these awesome posts coming! You are such an inspiration....

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!