Hey y'all! I trust you're having a good day! Sharing an outfit I wore a few weeks ago to visit the Frist Center in Nashville and to see the Norman Rockwell exhibit with friends. I tried to wear something nice, black, causal and most importantly, comfortable.
- Sitting in the Pharmacy drive-thru and watching a kid drive his 4-wheeler around you. Country and civilization have no separation around here.
- Having the same answer every time a friend asks you where you got your new item of clothing.
- The feeling when you're getting to know someone and it seems like they've been everywhere and done everything and you're sitting there like, "Oh, you backpack the desert every year? Well... I climbed higher in a tree than my dad could reach once when I was 10..."
- Finding the road totally covered with water for several hundred feet, so you plow into it... and halfway through realize that was a stupid idea and you really hope you get out alive.
- "Modern Art"
- Arriving home from a friend's house at midnight and being starving... but the microwave is broken so you use a skillet to heat up your sweet potatoes, peas, and coconut cream chicken... and then eat right out of the skillet at the computer.
- That lull after the crazy person at the party leaves.
- Seeing a formal dress in a store and thinking it looked like what goes on inside a microwave.
- Browsing at Bath and Body Works, smelling all the men's fragrances and having an employee come tell you that if your partner wears Midnight Madness and you wear Forever Midnight, then a strong physical attraction will come between you. Awesome would be joking with friends about that the rest of the day.
- Being mistaken for a director that everyone knows while in a thrift store.
- The "Family Fun" question cards we used at fellowship the other night. "Describe how you would use the bathroom or brush your teeth if you only had one arm." :P
- Getting the mail from the mailbox in big cars or trucks. You have to unbuckle, leeeeeeeean out the window, and sometimes go back for more because you couldn't get it all the first time. Very ungraceful.
- When you rescue an armadillo from the dogs and release it to the wild... and then have to shoot it anyway when you realize it's sick.
- Being pretty much the only girl tenor in the whole church. And only on some songs.
- Going gown and bridesmaid dress shopping with my best friends for my friend's wedding! We had such a blast and loved looking and laughing at so many dresses.
- That getting stuck in the mud is normal around here. And that I made it across the creek and didn't float away in a Subaru on Tuesday night. Or pop a tire on the log I rammed.
- Watching the Bill Nye/ Ken Ham debate at our pastor's house on the big screen. Did any of y'all tune in?
- Finishing my doxycycline meds! I'm already feeling much better now that the antibiotic isn't taxing my system and I'm doing things like dishes! and.... dishes.
- Friends who bless you just by being themselves.
- All the awesome sponsors I have coming up to share with y'all!
- Getting my palazzo pants in the mail! I loooOOOve them! Can't wait to craft an outfit so I can share them with y'all. :D
- The orange dreamsicle coconut milk AIP diet friendly ice cream my sister's been making for our dessert. I have never had such completely delightful ice cream. Only thing that would make it better is if I could put sprinkles on top.
- Gold metal and clear white sparkly diamonds together. I am totally obsessed with this combination right now.
- Friends who make you special drinks that fit your diet just because they love you and it earns the rank of tastiest coffee you've had in a long, long time.
- Encouraging family meetings that result in plans of action.
- iPhones and Pinterest. I seriously don't know what we would have done without them while planning and shopping for dresses.
- The french fries spandex that SpandexHouse.com has for sale.
- Knowing that the Lord is sovereign, even when you hear of heartbreaking tragedies.
- The Norman Rockwell exhibit! It was really, really awesome to be able to see his paintings up close and to learn more about his life and to talk to friends we don't see often enough, who are knowledgeable about him.
Dress: ThredUP: Free w/credit
Cardigan: Forever21: $10
Leggings: Forever21: $4
Sperry's: Shoe Carnival: $85 (best. investment. ever.)
I hope y'all have a great day! What's been awkward or awesome about your week?