Saturday, February 1, 2014

Friends of Fresh Modesty | Hannah!

Hey y'all! Have a super cute outfit to share with you today from a Fresh Modesty reader! 

My name is Hannah, and I am an 18 year-old from southeastern Massachusetts. Olivia is such an inspiration to me, both in relationship with the Lord and in her ability to find great deals :). I have also been inspired to pick up sewing again after a 7 year break. I finally made a dress that I have been wanting to sew, only to rip out the zipper five hours later because it wasn't fitting right. I have yet to go back and fix it :p
 
I love to be frugal and save money whenever I can, so my wardrobe is about 95% second hand clothing. Savers is my go-to store, but I recently discovered several great consignment shops in my area. The awesome thing about the consignment stores is that they lower the price every 20-30 days. Love it when I can find a great deal! 
 
This particular outfit came together after I found the top at a consignment shop. I have had the red skirt for years, but I never could find anything that matched well. I love how easy and comfortable this outfit is! Usually I don't paint my nails, but I found some nail polish that perfectly matched the blue in the top and I had to try it. My friend (who also named Hannah) and I took these photos in late summer/early fall, but I think it could easily be transitioned to cooler weather with a simple cardigan and some tights or leggings. 


Top: Chic2Chic Consignment (originally Forever21): $4
Skirt: Savers Thrift Store $6
Necklace: Hand-me-down from my mom
Shoes: Burlington Coat Factory $16
Purse: Sears Outlet $10
Isn't this adorable?? I love how flowy the outfit is and how well it matches. Her long necklace is perfect with the top, too! What's your favorite part of her outfit? Thank you so much for sharing, Hannah!!

If you'd like to submit an outfit for FOFM, click here to read about it.



21 comments :

  1. I love this outfit! It's super cute!
    Thanks for sharing!
    And Olivia, I would LOVE some more of those "Life Right Now" posts!
    I REALLY enjoy them!
    ~Hayden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the skirt flows! it would probably work on a lot of different figures. and it's graceful and feminine. My pregnant belly is about to start showing, so my wardrobe is about to become more limited, except for what I can sew and get second hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!
    keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE that outfit. It is so pretty. Now I am wishing for summer again so I can wear all of my summer clothes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything. Super cute and looks so comfy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the skirt!
    I just bought two of the same style from a thrift store, and when I got home I saw the label of one and realized it was actually Old Navy Maternity LOL :-). Anyway it's an XS so it fits just fine.
    I'm hoping to submit an outfit to you Olivia when the weather is more congenial in Canada to outdoor photo shoots.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Olivia!
    You Posted Hannah's Outfit! How wonderful! I am the other Hannah, haha! and Let me tell you, it took quite an adventure to take these photos! I am so blessed to see me dearest friend up here! And To tell you how sweet and wonderful she is! We often discus modesty and you are usually involved in the conversation! Your have been such a huge blessing in our lives and others! Don't Ever let you Light for Christ go out.

    God Bless,

    Hannah (2).

    PS. My favorite part of these pictures and outfit is the necklace in person, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit! Love how you paired everything together, all the way to the necklace and nail polish :)

    P.S. I have a giveaway for ModestPop clothing going on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great styling and great shoes ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the entire outfit! Everything goes together so well! =)

    ~jaime

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's an awesome outfit! I love it!
    It is funny seeing someone wearing summer clothes when I'm sitting here freezing in -4deg weather lol!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love how the top and skirt match perfectly, with a bit of red in the top and obvious red in the skirt. Nice job, Hannah!
    P.S. Also, your shoes and bag are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hannah's outfit is perfect for her skin tone. Favorite part is the necklace. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the EXACT SAME NECKLACE as Hannah! I got it for ten cents in a rummage sale at my school. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the same necklace! My grandmother gave it to me a long time ago.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hi, i would love to have some of those outfits, i am new to your blog and i am all about modesty but I do wear pants quite often..

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!