Friday, February 14, 2014

Friends of Fresh Modesty: Iris!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! 

I apologize for missing FOFM last week... things were crazy. I'm super excited to share Iris's outfit with you today, though. She sent it in last fall (I'm a leeeettle behind. :D), but I think it's also a perfect winter/spring outfit! Year-round ensembles are the best. Before you notice her gorgeous outfit, though, just take in the scenery around  her. Can I live near a vineyard? Please?

I am Iris. A 20-something year old that lives in a beautiful city Heidelberg, Germany. I am studying Elementary Education and am in my Senior year. Whoohoo! I love singing and playing music, nature photography, designing and refashioning clothes. You can read all about that on my personal blog "The Blue Birdhouse". 

I used to be your typical denim skirt, T-shirt & white sneaker wearing teen. Going one year to college changed my view of fashion. For 2.5 years now I've been taking college classes from home but I still dress up every single day. I want to stay in the habit for when I am a teacher and later a wife & mom. It can be discouraging though if you dress up and the only people that see you are...your birds. So I started Feminine Modesty. A place I can show my outfits but also encourage other ladies that modesty is beautiful. 

The reason I really like this outfit because it is not your typical fall outfit with brown, mustard yellow or orange.  My tip is to not sacrifice the colors that look best on you for trends. Make YOUR best colors look great in any season! 

I just love this. It's simple, but beautiful. I thought it'd be perfect to share on Valentine's Day, too, because of the gorgeous pastels. Thank you so much for submitting, Iris! If you'd like to submit an outfit for Friends of Fresh Modesty, please see {this} post. :)

~~*~~
I guest posted over at Eden's Evaluations today! EE's is a reviews and giveaways blog that y'all would really enjoy, I think. She also has a "Fashion Friday" every week which is a blessing. :) {click here} to read my post!
~~*~~

Also, I'd like to introduce you to one of my sponsors this month! I'm pleased to share with y'all "The I Love You's", the blog of Beka Castille! Although she and I have never crossed paths officially, I met her husband Sean when they were engaged and wow, was he a happy soul! I knew that his girl must be pretty special because he couldn't shut up about her (and her Pinterest account ha!) and now I read that for myself on her blog. If you're looking for encouragement, check 'em out! 

The I Love You's are written by Beka Castille. She desires to encourage other young women toward Biblical femininity and how to live joyfully & passionately no matter what season of life they find themselves. Having been recently married, she also shares some of the joys, struggles, and victories of marriage as her and her husband, Sean, grow together in the Lord. Beka enjoys blogging, coffee, meeting new people, counseling, reading, and learning to cook!

I hope y'all have a splendid Valentine's Day full of hearts and flowers and hugs! My mom loves to make us feel special on Valentine's day and today she baked AIP diet-friendly donuts for our breakfast!


Are you doing anything pink and frilly for Valentine's Day? What's your favorite part of Iris's outfit?

14 comments:

  1. What adorable outfits, Olivia! Both yours and Iris's! I love how Iris belted that top and how she accessorized....very cute! I just love your skirt, Olivia! It is like the perfect color....wonderful post. Enjoyed it SO much....=)

    Ashley B.
    www.likenootherfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfits!!!! Those goodies sure look good......:)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog though Eden's blog. (She's one of my best friends) and I'm looking forward to seeing what inspirational ideas you can give me for clothing. I really like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those outfits are beautiful! Pink looks so good on you, Olivia!

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both of those outfits! They are so cute!
    I liked how Iris blended the light pink and the light blue together to make a cute outfit!
    Olivia, I LOVE this outfit! I really like how the purple and pink bring out the color in each other! And that skirt...LOVE it!
    Where did you get that skirt? I need another skirt so I might check it out!
    Thanks for this post!
    ~Hayden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hayden...I saw your comment and I thought I'd help you out. If you click on that link to her post on Eden's Evaluations, it'll tell you where she got her clothes. The skirt is from thredUp and she got it free with her credit. Hope this helped! :)

      Delete
    2. It did!
      Thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  6. I absolutely adore how simple and versatile, yet lovely Iris's outfit is, and how your outfit is practical but elegant and appropriate for Valentine's Day with the bright pink and the sparkle!

    Yesterday I wore a three-quarter sleeved hot pink top with buttons down half the shirt with a white, sparkly scarf since it was a bit tight and pearl earrings with jeans. It was so much fun to wear. I usually don't like to wear pink since it's not my favorite color, but I make an exception for Valentine's Day. ;) It was a wonderful day, especially towards the end when I got to spend time laughing and eating yummy food with friends. :D

    Those donuts look SO scrumptious! As does the bacon next to it. :D We usually like to make cut-out cookies of some sort on Valentine's Day, and this time we made gingerbread hearts and men with M&M's :)

    P.S. My sister and I are already so enjoying and benefiting from the Castilles' blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for letting me be your guest!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olivia, I saw you were at the Teach Them Diligently Conference in Nashville, TN last year. Will you be there again this year? By the way, yours and Iris's outfits are beautiful!

    -Kathryn B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kathryn! Sadly, I have a schedule conflict and can't be at the conference this year-- I'm super disappointed! It was a great conference last year. Thank you!

      Delete
  9. Love your outfit Olivia! And Iris has on some very sweet, light colors! Very spring-y:)

    How nice of your mom!

    I was sadly, the only person in our house who dressed for the holiday of love. I wore a medium-pink tiered long flowy skirt with a bright long (soft!) t shirt in a bright coral. I had on a fitted sweater in a light peach with coral and light pink flowers printed on the top side. Def very perky! I planned to wear red (being the color of hearts and roses) but went with pink. I asked my dad (who is a teacher) if any of his students dressed for holidays and he said no, except maybe a sweater at Christmas. I was shocked! Where's their holiday spirit? I mean really, of all the days to wear green, why Valentines day? Save green for Arbor Day! Okay, I'll stop now. lol

    Abigail of happysnappingphotography.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete

I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!