Friday, February 28, 2014

Friends of Fresh Modesty: Maria!

Hey y'all! Hope you've had a fantastic Friday! Maria is here to share a lovely winter outfit for those of you still engulfed in snow! :)
My name is Maria. I blog at http://oneoldfashionedgirl.blogspot.com/ I am a 22 year old waitress at an Amish style restaurant. I ADORE my job...although some days I just want to dump a tray of water glasses in someones lap. But my coworkers are the best and it is great getting to work with your best friends every day. When I'm not working, or hanging out with friends, I'm dreaming of traveling. Having spent a month in Europe last year, it makes me want to explore even more!
Being a waitress means I have to wear a uniform every day, so it's nice to wear something besides black and white on my off times, as well as a decent pair of shoes. (Can they make skid resistant shoes any uglier?!) Normally I'm a Converse wearing girl, but the occasional pair of heels makes me feel dressier. (And these were on sale at Kmart!)

I think belts can really dress up a shirt, plus I love the feel of wide ones, so I wear them with pretty much every nice outfit I have. Sort of my trademark look.
 Hmmm...any other details...The top was a gift. The skirt, thrifted. The belt from Clothes Mentor, I think.


Isn't this beautiful?! That color looks amazing on her and she's right-- the belt is perfect. 
I've been getting lots of FOFM submissions lately and I love sharing them with y'all! What's your favorite aspect of Maria's outfit? Blessings!


23 comments :

  1. Lovely outfit! The colors are delightfully coordinated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Engulfed in snow...yep....that's me! *sigh* her outfit is lovely! The colors are perfect and the ratio of fitted and loose is stunning! Thanks for sharing!
    Natasha
    A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Outfit.....and love the snow pictures too! :)

    Iris
    Feminine Modesty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the belt! I might try something like this later this week, because even though it's like 70 degrees right now it's supposed to get colder:) Very cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Maria's outfit! The purple looks great on her! And that belt finishes the look off perfectly!

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are amazing. I love how she took them in the snow! Makes for even more gorgeous photos. My favorite parts of her outfit is the color of her sweater and how she paired her fitted and flattering top with her loose skirt. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE her outfit! So fun...gorgeous belt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful outfit; I especially like the color of her sweater! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's an amazing outfit! I really love it! :)
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! All that snow makes me wish it was cold here (82 degrees right now in Texas!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this outfit, especially those adorable shoes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colors look like they are from one of those elegant Amish quilts, how perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really beautiful! I love the colors, and the styles fit together quite nicely. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so glad the eight inches of snow we had here in south TN is gone…..I strongly dislike snow, but I love how Maria's outfit blends in with the winter weather. It's beautiful!

    Kathryn B.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The best part I like about this post is that Maria is very nearly my greatest best friend and so super cute it's crazy! You have an awesome outfit, like normal, Maria =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My fave part of Maria's outfit is for sure, her cute belt! Love the big belts! They can 'make' so many outfits! My grandma gave me a lot of her old belts, they're so retro and bright! I use them all the time:D

    -Abigail of happysnappingphotography.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much for featuring my outfit, Olivia!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Maria!
      I really enjoyed your outfit- thanks for sharing it! I also know what it's like to have to wear the same uniform day in, day out. And, yes, slip-resistant shoes are hideotrocious! However, I think you would really like shoesforcrews.com. I've ordered two pairs of their shoes before, and they're super comfy and less awful-looking than other brands. Also, they sell skid-resistant Converse, high and low-tops. :) Thought you might like to know that.

      Delete
  18. Oooh, it's lovely! I love that belt. She really did a great job with this outfit.

    walking in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute outfit, Maria! You look beautiful in it! I like the belt style, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The belt is the best part about this outfit.... It makes her waist look tiny!

    ReplyDelete

Fresh Modesty is fashion blog which encourages girls to "Dress outside your box, but inside His Book!" I allow anonymous comments so those without accounts can comment, but I would really appreciate it if you would identify yourself by some form of a name. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment!